Mr. Robot

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If you cant even be bothered to pirate the hacker show then what even WILL you pirate? Get good pls

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I suppose I do have one comment.
Episode 1: Unauthorized
Episode 2: Payment Required

These are HTTP status codes starting in the 400s (401 is Unauthorized, 402 is Payment Required). That means the rest of the episode names in the season are likely:
3: Forbidden
4: Not Found
5: Method Not Allowed
6: Not Acceptable
7: Proxy Authentication Required
8: Request Timeout
9: Conflict
10: Gone
11: Length Required
12: Precondition Failed
13: Payload Too Large

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
what the fuck is going on

that opening scene with Angela...

giphy.gif

also apparently the guy who injects at the end is Sam Ismael, the creator

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have a feeling that getting Elliot and Darlene back together again will help him accomplish something, but it's ultimately going to be a "this or that" type of situation. They'll get to the point that they can finally close down the Chinese government, but if it happens, one of them will die. So they'll buckle under pressure and not do the final key press that stops everything because family.

We'll see, but it's the feeling I got.

spronk

FPS noob
I still have no clue whats really going on but I get the sense that whatever Whiterose is building, maybe its not a time machine but some sort of Fallout vault to let some small group of humanity survive global collapse

i don't get the last scene either, that was Elliot's mom and Elliot, right? But it can't be because they were looking at the new One World Center tower which only came up recently. WTF is going on

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I don't get what Whiterose was building in The Congo nor what his superscience machine is for.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I still have no clue whats really going on but I get the sense that whatever Whiterose is building, maybe its not a time machine but some sort of Fallout vault to let some small group of humanity survive global collapse

i don't get the last scene either, that was Elliot's mom and Elliot, right? But it can't be because they were looking at the new One World Center tower which only came up recently. WTF is going on
I finally got done rewatching S3, about to get into S4. So context may be wrong, haven't seen it, but his mom is still alive.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought the scene with him and his mom was them talking about how in his head there isn't just him and Mr Robot, but also a 3rd personality/thing that takes control occasionally. I feel like I need to rewatch the entire show b/c of little tidbits I missed from earlier seasons. Also anyone else thinks there's definitely something important in the deposit box their mom had?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought the scene with him and his mom was them talking about how in his head there isn't just him and Mr Robot, but also a 3rd personality/thing that takes control occasionally. I feel like I need to rewatch the entire show b/c of little tidbits I missed from earlier seasons. Also anyone else thinks there's definitely something important in the deposit box their mom had?

This is correct. That was the inside of Elliott's mind and it was saying Elliott has a 3rd personality.

It'll be pretty cool if its someone we already know and not a brand new character.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

so, lol about that context.

anyway, that scene wasn't real, like the others said.

Been thinking it through, I can't figure who it could be. Anyone else significant from the show, it just couldn't be, logistics and shit.

spronk

FPS noob
occasionally the show has either elliot or Mr Robot look at the camera and talk to "us", so i always just kind of assumed it was the audience but the last episode deliberately shied away from a "so what do YOU think?" 4th wall breaking moment

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Mr. Robot talked to the camera once in the last episode, and I think he talked directly to the audience twice that I can remember. But yeah, that's a big change from previous seasons, not as integrated or as often.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I find it most impressive that Zhang was able to hide being a tranny in a country that probably deeply frowns on such things or at least would have ruined his career in the CPC.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"HEY ELLIOT, DO YOU REMEMBER OUR SECRET PLAN? THE SECRET PLAN TO DEFEAT THE HACKER ARMY? ELLIOT? ELLIOT WHY AREN'T YOU TALKING TO ME ABOUT OUR SECRET PLAN TO DEFEAT WHITE ROSE?

god DAMMIT wellick, for fucks sake

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I find it most impressive that Zhang was able to hide being a tranny in a country that probably deeply frowns on such things or at least would have ruined his career in the CPC.

Authoritarian governments may hem and haw, but when push comes to shove, they'll put a talented person into a position of power, eccentricities and all.

Also...parallels.
Zhang's BF slashes his throat, Shayla's throat is slashed.

spronk

FPS noob
goddamn that synth wave music that hit right before the episode ends was gorgeous.

everything about this episode makes me question Whiterose, up till now I just assumed he was a fervent chinese nationalist who wants to see China #1, but clearly he must despise his country after what happened. Yeah, obviously he wants to create his own new power structure but I still have no fucking clue what "the project" is or why putting it in Congo is so important. Does he secretly want to build his own army of African trannies using IBM powered supercomputers?!?!

Probably so many easter eggs this episode - whiterose's lover splattered his blood all over a white rose as he killed himself - but my favorite has to be the sethc exploit Elliot used to break into the laptop, its real

ian1yej8o0u31.png

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Many of the hacks they use are real. But yeah, stickykeys is real as fuck.

Lots of symbolism in this past episode. From the parallelism between Olivia and Shayla, the syncing of Elliot and Mr. Robot, the entire death scene of White Rose's lover, lots going on there that could be a potential clue as to what's coming. Most people seem to be coming down on the "clone machine" theory.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Oh my god. This is, hands down, the BEST writing on TV currently. Maybe ever.

This week's episode... Jesus fuck.

That scene in the car with Darlene and Tobias? HOLY shit. I mean all of it. "Some nights, ya know? It's a cold and wintry night and you're out here asking too many questions. Like what the world would be like if you weren't in it?"

I've rewatched that episode like twice today, and I think I'm gonna go back downstairs and rewatch it again.