Mr. Robot

spronk

FPS noob
fuck yeah. the cinematography and directing is also fucking insane, it reminded me a lot of the sopranos pine barrens episode. Might be my favorite episode of the show. All the dark shots with the full moon were stupendous. Tyrell is definitely NOT another personality of Elliot, right? Cuz it sure felt that way at the end. Although what the fuck is that blue glow? Is all of this a virtual reality sim and Tyrell found the holodeck portal?

also Dominique fingering herself to Darlene's lip bites

wceP6m3.gif

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can someone sell me on season 2? Season 1 was great and IMHO should have ended there. But for some reason I couldn't get into season 2 after the first couple episodes. I love the premise, but being in the industry I see the bullshit a bit too clearly to go further.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Can someone sell me on season 2? Season 1 was great and IMHO should have ended there. But for some reason I couldn't get into season 2 after the first couple episodes. I love the premise, but being in the industry I see the bullshit a bit too clearly to go further.

The TV series script industry?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Season 2 is the weakest season. It ends strong imo but its weak. Season 3 is much better, and so far s4 is on par. The initial part of the season feels like spinning wheels, sharp contrast to s1. That part was frustrating.

It's worth watching for Leon alone. If I could have an edited version of s2 it would remove all that part though. But once you are through that gauntlet it gets better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You spend all of season 2 wondering wtf is even happening and it does suffer a lot for it. Season 3 makes up for it and it's in the running for greatest show of all time

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The part that makes that even more frustrating is that after how good s1 was, s2 comes along with this sidetrack shit for Elliot, he's totally off the board, and then we find out it was all delusion, but not really, he's just lying to us, then he promises not to do it again. I'm down for a show in which you can't always tell what is real and what isn't, or a show that you have to look for hidden interpretations etc, or a mystery show. Shit, it's S4 and we still don't actually know what Elliot and Tyrell did on 5/9, I'm ok with all that. Something about that part of S2 didn't feel the same, though.

I've always wondered if Tyrell is another personality of Elliot, ever since Elliot ran into Joanna and they had that super weird conversation. I just don't see how it can make sense. There are some other things, like Elliot and Tyrell both being at Iron Mountain when he planted the raspberry pi. But logistically, how does Elliot maintain a job as Evil Corp Deputy CTO and as Allsafe security engineer and run an international hacking ring and maintain a drug habit? How can Elliot be simultaneously in jail and reversing the firmware for the femtocell at some BFE location? Or, assuming that was timeline trickery, how can Angela interact with Tyrell while drugging Elliot? The Dark Army working with Tyrell while Elliot is on the operating table? Unless almost everything we've sen didn't actually happen, I don't see how Tyrell isn't actually a separate person. Caveat all that with I know what happens in the latest episode in broad strokes, but I haven't actually seen it, from what I gathered it doesn't do anything to close that loop though.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Elliot has schizophrenia, most of the characters are him, if not all of them. There is also some foreshadowing with the crazy china guy who is also a girl.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't think of a scenario where Elliott being Tyrell makes sense. There's a couple of isolated situations where it seems like it could be true, but there's just too many separate thing going on with both of them

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Most interesting theory I've seen lately is that Elliot is being set up by White Rose. They're going to pin everything on him and wrap it up with Tyrell's murder. The wrench in the plan being that White Rose doesnt know about this third persona and cant account for it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I gotta be honest, towards the end of this last episode I was wondering if Tyrell was the other personality of Elliott as well. Episode was pinnacle Mr Robot though, enough going on that just totally fucks with your head and makes you second guess everything.

Zinc

Trakanon Raider
Latest episode was pretty solid. I like the fact the lack of dialogue between Elliot & Darlene when going into that building & working all through body language & almost knowing exactly what the other is thinking. In fact I think they hardly spoke to each other at all throughout the whole episode.

Looking forward to finding out who this 3rd persona is.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Such a great episode. The filming and cast is so fucking perfect.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is all the dialogue that episode :

"It's ok dude, we don't need to talk"
--- entire episode happens ---
"Its time we talked now"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Super badass episode. And still no Tyrell corpse, keep hope alive for my man Tyrell

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't even hit me it was a gimmick episode until I read this thread.

Looks like they're leaving us hanging on the 3rd personality thing, but I'm guessing it has something to do with his freakout as a kid that he thought was his Dad and the maybe the bizarre movie theater thing.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’m not liking the new season at all.
Characters dying with no payoff.

Significant parts of the episodes committed to some 4th wall analogy — e.g., guy we’re supposed to think is committing suicide as an analogy for watchers of the show making assumptions — rather than continuing the story. I don’t give a fuck at that guy. Why did we waste half an episode on him?

Significant parts of the episodes committed to investigating characters’ feelings or some emotional state rather than continuing the story. Yeah yeah I get it, character has fucked up complicated history. I don’t care! Just tell the story about the loner 1337 hacker that’s stuck in between two overpowering factions.

Price turned out to be a crying little bitch.

Way too much build up and anticipation before any pay off — e.g., what’s taking Vera so long to do anything significant? He was brought back at the ending of last season. Then he has his minions walking around jacking off in public for like 4 episodes. It’s this in TV form.

This most recent episode of breaking into the server room was finally progressing the story. But it was kind of annoying for the gimmick. No talking was pure gimmick. IT ADDED NOTHING TO THE CONTENT OF THE SHOW. It was just the director masturbating in Hollywood form.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
everything is riding on the payoff of the final episode or two, the house of cards is getting very teetering and I'm not really sure they could do any explanation that makes Tyrell Willick a facet of Elliot and have that make ANY sense at all now. Sure, at the end of s3 it was a very strong possibility and even seemed extremely likely but they deliberately did a lot of things to tell us they were two different people - wife/kid, bobby canavale's actions, the jammed gun thing, etc. It would be super disappointing if that all turned out to be fakeouts.

It is interesting that Mr. Robot didn't appear on screen once this last episode.

The only thing I can think of is that they are all in some sort of simulated reality, and people like Whiterose have figured it out and want to break out and thats their entire plan. Would explain Angela not caring if she lives or dies. I really, really hope that isn't the story though because the Matrix did it already and this isn't really doing it any better.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really like the psycho gangster.

Even though his arc is a bit weird. Dude goes from chump change getting caught dealing drugs on twitter to psychotic philosophical mastermind. Actor just kills it.