Mr. Robot

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I was thinking maybe the machine might be something black mirror'esque, like E-corp collects enough life data through all of its facets to reconstruct a person digitally, and the machine would hold a VR sim of everyone, or something like that?

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think -unless they somehow fuck up the last 2 epidsodes- this is probably my favorite final season of a show to date

definitely curious what this machine might be

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I am thinking the machine is a computer that holds an emerging AI (Elliot) that is not quite complete and everything has been simulation to get it/him there.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The bank was using 2FA, they explained how they were getting around it by intercepting the code when the text verification was sent out. It is why Darlene had to stay near them right up until the end. Still very unlikely scenario but a billion times better than anyone else might have done it.
Intercepting SMS 2FA isn't all that unlikely.

Everything I've read shows 13 episodes for this final season, should be 3 left.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider

No idea how accurate that is as Im far from a security/telco expert, but pretty interesting.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
This last episode kicked ass.

I'm glad they are back on the hacking spree. This season and the previous have been great.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I waited and watched the last 3 episodes back to back and am really glad I did, the pedo stuff definitely ground the show to a screeching halt - it was amazing acting and execution but just was either "too obvious" or incongruent with the pace of the show so far. You appreciate it a lot more though when you can just move past it quickly to Zero Cool Hacking The Gibson shit again, and that was the last episodes in fucking spades.

Whiterose's machine definitely feels like some sort of Matrix or AI at this point, upload yourself into it and live forever in whatever reality you want. Its the ultimate recruitment tool for any group, they can easily get all the 1%ers but also all the dark army soldiers they need to be crazy suicidal - who cares, you literally are going to be a better life. Remember, Tyrell Wellick saw a blue light or something at the end of his last episode, a hint that either he is exiting or entering the simulation.

There are still 4 episodes left

10 - 410 Gone 12/8
11 - 411 Length Required 12/15
12 - 412 Precondition Failed 12/22
13 - 413 Payload Too Large 12/29

every episode title has corresponded to its corresponding HTTP error code for the episode number.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
For some reason I thought that was episode 10. Good news.

Supposedly Esmail has had the final 2 episodes planned out since planning the show. And specifically with this season, they wrote those first and then everything to get up to that point. Sounds like it should be good.

I didn't have a problem with the abuse stuff. It makes a lot of sense, they've reiterated over and over how fucked up their childhood was, Elliot has all these issues commonly associated with abused kids, and seeing Vera turn and actually connect with him was interesting. And it explains a lot of what we've already seen. If the show had suddenly made a turn and become the child sex abuse show, that would have been disappointing, but it didn't. It was a plot point, revealed in a novel and beautifully shot/executed episode, and then immediately we see Elliot rise above and execute the operation that we've been waiting on for 4 seasons now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just felt like the child abuse part could have been wrapped up in an earlier season, despite that episode being absolutely amazing like you noted how it was shot and acted. Just seemed like a random bump in this season, and within another episode they're basically completely past it like it was nothing. Been too much other good stuff to really complain about it, though.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the abuse reveal works best when it did because it directly leads into this most recent episode. Elliot realizes his past abuse, then agrees that confronting his trauma is best. I think he even has a line line about not wanting to go back to the way it was when talking to Mr. Robot. Then when Whiterose offers to reunite him with Angela he is able to reject that offer.

But I understand people not liking it, since the season did seem to grind to a halt for an hour long therapy session.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Heh. Probably skip-able episode for most.

Darlene and FBI chick go to run away together. Darlene redistributes the wealth. They find out that Dark Army is not after them. Failed attempt at last minute "air plane romantic scene". They try to run to each other. Has FBI chick flying away.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Last week was probably the best episode of the series and this week was easily the worst

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
They both clearly have phones. I just don't get why they didnt simply text each other, "where are you?"

• 1Solidarity

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
We have a sequence break from the HTTP 400 codes. 411 is "eXit" rather than "Length Required."

Looks like Whiterose is going to try gaslighting Elliot.

spronk

FPS noob
the show Leon is watching on TV is A Land Before Time
the report Elliot is reading is about the Very Large Hadron Collider which doesn't exist yet, its supposed to produce 100x more collisions than CERN. Alternate dimension, time travel, portals, etc.

episode 12 is coming up in 2 weeks, we never actually saw Mr. or Mrs. Robot's deaths did we...

pbh1fgjlvl341.png

but yeah that episode was The Fly of Mr. Robot, boring as hell but i guess something the creator really wanted to do. I wish I had waited until next week to watch this week though, next week looks to be back to baller tier

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
I figured something like that was bound to happen but I missed it cuz I was kinda zoned out with how slow pace that episode was

neat!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Imagine watching episode 10 and being under the impression that this was the last episode. Holy shit was I confused and rustled. Thank God I am dumb and was wrong.

• 1Solidarity