MS Flight Simulator 2020

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can play right now if you want to if you are on game pass:

My game is currently downloading 90GB's worth of data.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You can play right now if you want to if you are on game pass:

My game is currently downloading 90GB's worth of data.

Lol this works - playing.

Edit: Nope. Patching that 91gb.

Edit 2: It decompresses as well as downloads. This is a good time to have a new CPU and M.2 :)

Brikker

Trump's Staff
the 100 gig preload only took about 2 mins to download.

i heard on a stream that this actually plays pretty well with an xbox controller...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
the 100 gig preload only took about 2 mins to download.

i heard on a stream that this actually plays pretty well with an xbox controller...

Yeah that wasn't a preload other than the fact you downloaded a 9gb patcher :) Once you get in, it's like an MMORPG patcher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
boo none of the jets i've worked on are in the game

?
0EDBE66E-49CB-48FA-A614-A267DFCC2B46.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone interested in working on an Air Hauler 2 company together let me know. It's like nerd squared with flight simulator but adds some objectives to flying.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wish I could get it working, may have an issue w/ my Insider build or something preventing it. Getting a 'toon soon' without editing region, and when I do edit it I get a syntax error related to a path on the C drive no matter what drive I install it too.

1597707783587.png

Oh well, will tinker more later.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Definitely download the new driver set. I'm flying a 747-800 from Orlando to Canada. Made a world of difference.

I shouldn't have picked a 747 for my first flight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely download the new driver set. I'm flying a 747-800 from Orlando to Canada. Made a world of difference.

I shouldn't have picked a 747 for my first flight.
Hey do it drunk and you'll be like most pilots anyway!

• 1Worf

Brikker

Trump's Staff
#1 is going to be a small plane fly through of my hometown/house of course

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else have the impression anything performance related is still under NDA? Both reviews I've read mention nothing about it and I have my doubts about a GTX 970 running this on FHD high details.

This guy talks about performance issues in his review. Think he said he had a 1080 with 16 gigs of ram. Said flying over any city dropped him down to like 20fps. I would say thinking 1080 with 16 gigs of ram being sufficient to run this game smoothly is kinda ridiculous.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Patcher crashes constantly. Taking awhile for the remaining 50 gigs due to this!

I've only got 16gb RAM as well, but running a 2070 Super. Hope it does decently.

I should really just get another two sticks of 8gb...

Brikker

Trump's Staff
For casual pilots such as myself, definitely do NOT recommend kb/m. Sucked ass trying to fly like that.

Using xbox controller is great for actual flight control, then use mouse + keyboard shortcuts (if needed) for stuff.

Performance with 2070 Super, 16gb ram, i9-9900k is okay, not great. Using xbox store version so no FPS counter but with everything maxed it is definitely a bit sluggish...

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
For casual pilots such as myself, definitely do NOT recommend kb/m. Sucked ass trying to fly like that.

Using xbox controller is great for actual flight control, then use mouse + keyboard shortcuts (if needed) for stuff.

Performance with 2070 Super, 16gb ram, i9-9900k is okay, not great. Using xbox store version so no FPS counter but with everything maxed it is definitely a bit sluggish...

Yeah after the vid driver upgrade I put it down to one notch below ultra and everything was LOTS better.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah after the vid driver upgrade I put it down to one notch below ultra and everything was LOTS better.

Exactly what I did and it's running and looking great.

Newb tip: Popup windows like NAV Map, ATC Chatlog, etc can be moved to a 2nd monitor. Pretty cool.

Also really cool to fly in-game as the sun comes up at the same time as it is outside. Any crazy storms going on atm? I want to fly into one.

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a hurricane off the west coast of Mexico atm.

• 1Like