Ms. Marvel

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is she supposed to have Downs or thats just the actress they picked? why would they pick an actress with Downs?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ that was bad. Even that shitty Inhumans show had a tiny bit of "well, maaaaaybe it's ok" before I watched it. This has literally none. We got just the perfect amount of gurrrl power with Kate Bishop, which I enjoyed a lot more than I expected to. This is just terrible in every single way. And if they actually have those thought balloons and scribbled hearts and shit in the show (not just the trailer), it will reach yet another level of terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it looked fine, fit the tone of the character in general.

This is a show which I am not the target audience and I'm totally fine with that, not everything has to be about me.

That said, I'll probably give it a chance since I have watched all the MCU stuff so far.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On the one hand, a bit of walter mitty escapism and an odd 80s teen romcom vibe could work. On the other hand, durka durka woke shit is all they are going for and they will fuck it up beyond belief. Kind of want to watch it just to see if it can surpass Another Life as the worst woke show ever to exist. Disney should have just payed Sony whatever they wanted for Spiderman, because aside from the fluke that was Hawkeye, nothing they have done without Spidey in it has been worth a shit.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Y'all know they don't make everything for 40 year old grumpy gamers right? Clearly this was meant for teenage girls and if you liked the trailer you also still watch My little Pony...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Y'all know they don't make everything for 40 year old grumpy gamers right? Clearly this was meant for teenage girls and if you liked the trailer you also still watch My little Pony...
Don't compare my little pony to this garbage bro.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Do not rob me of reasons to bitch about something and be bitter.

Caliane

ms. marvel doesn't exist in this cannon..so how are they explaining the name and sash?

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
She's just a fan of Captain Marvel instead. Which, as others have said, is a bit odd since she's not exactly been a known thing as far as we are aware. I'm guessing during the blip-time she must have been seen doing Avengers stuff?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think kids superhero shows in the 70s and 80s made more sense than this.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
i think kids superhero shows in the 70s and 80s made more sense than this.
Things change over 40 years?!
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Cybsled

The trailer style looked like some odd mashup of iCarly and Scott Pilgrim.

Looks more kid demographic, which makes sense because that is how they character had been marketed recently

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
this makes no sense, kids love the normal Avengers movies, how is a show about a Downs kid being a superhero mean its made for kids? maybe its made for retards, but no, this isnt a kids show.
I didn’t say kids I said teenager girls, clearly with the “hot guy, dumb brain” moment that current decision makers love to make teenage girls act out because it is “relatable”
I am not defending this pile of focus testing crap I am just saying this isn’t for us and it shouldn’t even be on the radar.
I just showed my 15 year old daughter the trailer and she said it reminder her of I carly. So 11-13 year old girls...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn’t say kids I said teenager girls, clearly with the “hot guy, dumb brain” moment that current decision makers love to make teenage girls act out because it is “relatable”
I am not defending this pile of focus testing crap I am just saying this isn’t for us and it shouldn’t even be on the radar.
I just showed my 15 year old daughter the trailer and she said it reminder her of I carly. So 11-13 year old girls...
well ok, teenage girl shows are pretty fucking stupid. but dont they usually have a cute girl star in them? Hanna Montana and those types all did well because the girl was cute and popular. girls dont want to see a mirror image of themselves when they are at that awkward age. they want to see the image they would like to be. its why i asked, why they casted a girl who has Downs.

• 1Picard