Ms. Marvel

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
well ok, teenage girl shows are pretty fucking stupid. but dont they usually have a cute girl star in them? Hanna Montana and those types all did well because the girl was cute and popular. girls dont want to see a mirror image of themselves when they are at that awkward age. they want to see the image they would like to be. its why i asked, why they casted a girl who has Downs.
Are you complaining the underage girl isn't hot enough?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are you complaining the underage girl isn't hot enough?
it sounds like it, but no, im saying nobody wants to be an ugly unpopular Downs kid. kids, especially girls want to be good looking and popular, they want to be the captain of the cheerleading squad, the prom queen, the class president, the editor of the yearbook, shit like that. when they picked the actress to play Captain Marvel, they picked a beautiful woman first whether she could act or not.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
it sounds like it, but no, im saying nobody wants to be an ugly unpopular Downs kid. kids, especially girls want to be good looking and popular, they want to be the captain of the cheerleading squad, the prom queen, the class president, the editor of the yearbook, shit like that. when they picked the actress to play Captain Marvel, they picked a beautiful woman first whether she could act or not.
I mean Kamala Khan is supposed to be the nerdy average girl geek, she looks the part for me.

Btw I really don't care for the character, never read the comics but I thought she was pretty well done in that shitty Avengers game. Which is the main reason I'm gonna give the show a shot. All I've ever heard outside of that is the comic edgelords hating on the diversity crap. Do I think that Marvel over corrected with all these diversity characters? Yes, because they were doing it to tangentally to established characters. Gay Hulkling, black female Ironheart, etc. Ms. Marvel fits into that, but at least she wasn't a ripoff of the original. Although it looks like they made her powers cosmic now instead of a physical thing. Which is obviously not to step on Mr. Fantastic when he debuts.

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean Kamala Khan is supposed to be the nerdy average girl geek, she looks the part for me.

Btw I really don't care for the character, never read the comics but I thought she was pretty well done in that shitty Avengers game. Which is the main reason I'm gonna give the show a shot. All I've ever heard outside of that is the comic edgelords hating on the diversity crap. Do I think that Marvel over corrected with all these diversity characters? Yes, because they were doing it to tangentally to established characters. Gay Hulkling, black female Ironheart, etc. Ms. Marvel fits into that, but at least she wasn't a ripoff of the original. Although it looks like they made her powers cosmic now instead of a physical thing. Which is obviously not to step on Mr. Fantastic when he debuts.
i dont know about the comics, just going by what i see here. i guess if the comic book character was an ugly Downs kid so they casted an ugly Downs kid, then i cede that point. i guess it also explains why the comic book was cancelled.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ms. Marvel fits into that, but at least she wasn't a ripoff of the original. Although it looks like they made her powers cosmic now instead of a physical thing. Which is obviously not to step on Mr. Fantastic when he debuts.
If they changed her powerset it's probably because there's no middle ground between silliness or outright body horror when you do try to do Kamala Khan/Mr Fantastic in real looking CGI instead of a cartoon/comic.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All I know is this is some top tier costume design.

ms-marvel-captain-marvel-suit.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If they changed her powerset it's probably because there's no middle ground between silliness or outright body horror when you do try to do Kamala Khan/Mr Fantastic in real looking CGI instead of a cartoon/comic.
Yeah, but I mean they really changed her too. She was supposed to be a latent Inhuman as well. Unless there is like a terrigen crystal in that bracelet that triggers her powers. However her power signature looks more like Captain Marvel/Photon. They better not super cheese out with that bracelet and have it be like Quasar's Quantum Bands or some shit.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I missed this entirely. They fired Brie Larson and rebooted her character already? Or is that supposed to be a young brie? Did it release in 2021?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I missed this entirely. They fired Brie Larson and rebooted her character already? Or is that supposed to be a young brie? Did it release in 2021?
This is a different character. Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan was a Captain Marvel fangirl that ended up being an inhuman. Her original powers were more like Mr. Fantastic than what they are here on the show though.

The Marvels movie will have Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel and Photon/Monica Rambeau from Wandavision.

• 1Like

Homsar

They are trying to do a multiverse spiderman it seems like. There is a movie coming out with multiple Marvels

• 1Barf

Homsar

Thank God we have these to hopefully save phase 4

Strange
GOTG 3
THOR
Moon Knight
Ant man
Spiderverse sequel
Blade
Or Deadpool

Animosity

You can clearly see who knows comics here and who doesnt based upon the reactions lol

• 4Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I have a hard time mustering up any particular enthusiasm for this shit. But I didn't give a fuck about Cloak and Dagger either and somehow I got on with life.

Goonsquad Officer
is she supposed to have Downs or thats just the actress they picked? why would they pick an actress with Downs?
The new artist marvel uses in their actual comics often draws people retarded so I bet she looks like the core concept

• 2Worf