Ms. Marvel

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I watched it - it was pretty boring. I'm not the target audience - which was obvious from the trailers.
Kids liked it. In fact it was just like watching Raising Dion or We Can Be Heroes with them which I found even more boring than Ms Marvel.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I didn't hate it. I like how they did things like the 'texting' via background graphics / changing neon etc. That and the ways they handled her overactive imagination work pretty well. Obviously they are eskewing the Terrigen Mists business, but the mom clearly seems to know something is up with that bracer. I used a phone-a-friend who is an actual Pakistani immigrant from Jersey to evaluate the authenticity and he gave it high praise, so that's a cool thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I didn't hate it. I like how they did things like the 'texting' via background graphics / changing neon etc. That and the ways they handled her overactive imagination work pretty well. Obviously they are eskewing the Terrigen Mists business, but the mom clearly seems to know something is up with that bracer. I used a phone-a-friend who is an actual Pakistani immigrant from Jersey to evaluate the authenticity and he gave it high praise, so that's a cool thing.
Jersey city is where all the pakis were celebrating in the streets as the WTC collapsed and tthe bodies were burned. High praise indeed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sup nogga, i mma back yo story up

they also had video of the celebrating. it was on my local news and i saw it as it was happening. no doubt if this happened today it would be an even bigger celebration. Jersey City has been a scum town for most of my life and it deserves to be removed off the map. but in the Disney groomerverse. this is worthy of high praise.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Well, it was built atop swamp and landfill after all. hehe

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Same. It's definitely aimed at teens and younger audiences. The bracers are the nega bands, in the comics they were used by Captain Mar-Vell.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i'm the one who will take anything star wars throws at us and I was totally out of this by 6 minutes in

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, you guys won, my one-month Disney Plus membership expired without me ever actually watching Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The mom and the Italian technology sidekick are the best parts so far.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
While I’m not the target audience, I thought it was pretty good. I liked the character in Marvel Avengers video, the superhero fangirl aspect of Kamala is cute, and they did a great job of capturing that in the show.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was pretty surprised to see the reception on this was really positive from most of the internet.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Obviously aimed at a younger audience, but not bad so far. I'm actually really digging the visual style.