MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sephara obviously good, but I'm pretty sure I'd take risen reef over it.
And I might take Chandra's Outrage over both of them, and maybe Audacious Thief too.

Red/Blue decks have done the best for me, followed by Black/Blue, Black/Green, and then Red/Green and Blue/Green are about tied.

Generally avoid white in 2020 limited.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think I'd take cloudkin seer over it.
Cloudkin is okay to fill out a deck but good players are running Heart-Piercer Bows most of the time so it's not as great as it could be in other sets.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
1565628173831.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hot and cold for sure. my recent streak is: 7-2, 7-2, 7-2, 5-3, 6-3, 0-3

maybe more hot than cold... a mere 4-3 for my next draft after that, got Sorin pack 1 pick 1 and tried to draft vampires. next draft i got a Temple of Malady P1P1 then a Creeping Trailblazer pack 2, ended up kind of forcing Jund (bots weren't super helpful) but it ended up working, went 7-1

core 2020 jund draft.PNG

i had such a cold streak with draft before Core 2020 came out, feels real good to be doing this well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
then 0-3 with an Azorius deck lol. pack 1 pick 1 was Bishop of Wings, tried to build an angels flyer deck but ended up spreading myself too thin drafting against the bots.

edit -- aaaaaand super unlucky 0-3 with a stacked Temur elementals deck. bah.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
hope you guys don't mind my random gibberings while i do these drafts

just had a pretty fun Limited combo going -- Risen Reef + Healer of the Glade + Portal of Sanctuary. every turn i get 3 life and either a card in hand or an extra land on the board for just 2 mana?

and when my opponent finally got some removal, they used it on my Creeping Trailblazer instead of my Risen Reef lol.

one of those games that you wish you could just call "checkmate in 5 turns" or some shit haha. dropping 1 or more elementals for Risen Reef each turn ended up leaving me with about 5 cards in my deck at the end of the game, after maybe 10 turns total lol.

Sterling

El Presidente
Also, I'm fairly sure that Risen Reef is just the best non rare in the set for limited. Card is obviously pushed for constructed, it's just real dumb that it's not a rare.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Also, I'm fairly sure that Risen Reef is just the best non rare in the set for limited. Card is obviously pushed for constructed, it's just real dumb that it's not a rare.

I agree: as an uncommon, it's stupidly broken.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Yeah, that draft started with Risen Reed pack 1 pick 1. I'm pretty much a max level beaver merchant when it comes to how often I'll rare snipe for constructed shit when drafting, but even so after seeing both Leyline of Sanctity and Risen Reef in that first pack it was an easy decision to grab the Risen Reef.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow.....at...that...video. That really did kill some brain cells.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Mulligans are very effective in the current state of the game.

You should learn to use them.

You're annoyingly smug. Stop assuming shit without asking a question.

I mulligan'd my original hand (of 1 white mana) down to 6 cards with 2 white mana and discarded a Dreadhorde Arcanist.

The next card I pulled after this screenshot was another Tenth District Legionnaire and I lost.

• 1Worf