MTG: Arena

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Mull harder. Keeping a hand with nothing being castable is bad. Doing that with an agro deck is even worse.

I figured mulling down to 5 cards was just as bad as my current situation. Esp considering I mulled to an equally bad mana situation.

Sterling

El Presidente
I figured mulling down to 5 cards was just as bad as my current situation. Esp considering I mulled to an equally bad mana situation.
Mulling to 5 with London Mulligan isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Also, while some people will possibly consider your 6 card hand a reasonable keep, you do it realizing that a fairly significant amount of the time you'll have a non game as you'll be unable to cast many of your spells. Also, I think Feather is exactly the kind of deck you need to mull fairly aggressively with.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I Mulligan so much more now with the london Mulligan. Also I'm playing a lot more modern now and mulliganing is the most important skill to learn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Not going to five cards wasn't a mistake. Not hitting concede after turn four and no red was. Arena games are not like a tournament where every game matters. Mulligan and concede are there for those times when RNG is just against you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

it wasn't, your deck needs at least one creature on the board ASAP, i'd mull down to 5 unless i had a 2-CMC creature with either 1 Plains + 1 Mountain or 1 dual land + any other land (so long as it's not colorless if you're running Blast Zone or something), or a 3-CMC creature with at least the same 2 land situation as above, preferably three lands but risking two can be okay. maybe that's wrong but that's the rough guideline i'd assume to begin.

that deck really does win on its mulligaining. even before London mulligan it's the sort of deck that would have, and it's the sort of deck that got even stronger when London called. if you're not sure of your mulligan skills then you might want to consider another deck. i think you can do it tho. :)

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
can anyone recommend a good sideboard card against mill decks for monoblack? All I've managed to come up with is Duress

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Mulled to 4 today IRL with Jund Dinosaurs and almost won. Kept a Blood Crypt, Otepec Huntmaster, Marauding Raptor, Rotting Regisaur.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
can anyone recommend a good sideboard card against mill decks for monoblack? All I've managed to come up with is Duress
162223_200w.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
a_skeleton_02 is spicy today. The London Mulligan is so much better that most of the negatives of mulling have been negated. Winning with a 2 card mull is much more likely now. I can't see winning with a 3 card one unless the other player is really unlucky or didn't mull right either. The difference in a 7 and 5 card hand is still significant. With Feather decks specifically, you need that other color quickly. Live and learn but that was a losing hand no matter who you played against.

Sterling

El Presidente
6-2 in the MCQ this morning with Mono Red. Good for 1200 gems and some sleeves with a V on them instead of the ones I had with an IV to protect my digital cards. Was a good deck for the current meta I think, Chainwhirler is real good right now and there's less Scapeshift than there was a couple of weeks ago. Went 1-1 vs U/G Nexus, 1-0 against Vampires, Scapeshift, Bant Ramp, the mirror match, and U/B Pirates of all things. My other loss was getting shitstomped by mono Green. Nullhide Ferox into Galta will crush red just about every time.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
6-2 in the MCQ this morning with Mono Red. Good for 1200 gems and some sleeves with a V on them instead of the ones I had with an IV to protect my digital cards. Was a good deck for the current meta I think, Chainwhirler is real good right now and there's less Scapeshift than there was a couple of weeks ago. Went 1-1 vs U/G Nexus, 1-0 against Vampires, Scapeshift, Bant Ramp, the mirror match, and U/B Pirates of all things. My other loss was getting shitstomped by mono Green. Nullhide Ferox into Galta will crush red just about every time.

What mono-r are you running? I've been getting nailed more often then normal the last week or so.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Easy 6-0 event.

2 Ajani's Welcome (M19) 6
4 Ajani's Pridemate (M19) 5
4 Bloodthirsty Aerialist (M20) 91
4 Martyr of Dusk (RIX) 14
4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
4 Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (WAR) 217
4 Legion's Landing (XLN) 22
4 Skymarcher Aspirant (RIX) 21
4 Vampire of the Dire Moon (M20) 120
4 Skymarch Bloodletter (XLN) 124
1 Plains (XLN) 260
1 Plains (AKH) 256
1 Plains (RIX) 192
1 Plains (DAR) 250
1 Plains (DAR) 251
1 Plains (RTR) 250
1 Plains (ANA) 61
4 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
4 Isolated Chapel (DAR) 241
1 Swamp (M20) 270
1 Swamp (RTR) 260
1 Swamp (AKH) 262
1 Swamp (XLN) 269
1 Swamp (M20) 271
1 Swamp (M20) 272
1 Swamp (ANA) 58

Sterling

El Presidente
Played Green monsters with a blue splash for some mystics and a couple of other things. Not sure how the shakeup didn't include Llanowar Elves.