MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I went 6-1 with Dimir Control. Surprising number of people conceded on turn 4ish after countering their spells on the first few turns, by the end of the event I was running 4x of -- Essence Capture, Negate, Tale's End, and Sinister Sabotage. Kefnet led me to victory for the two or three games that actually came to a traditional end.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Swept the event with my mono black deck.

4 Cabal Stronghold (DAR) 238
4 Knight of the Ebon Legion (M20) 105
3 Heartless Pillage (XLN) 109
3 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Ravenous Chupacabra (RIX) 82
20 Swamp (RIX) 194
4 Cavalier of Night (M20) 94
4 Yarok's Fenlurker (M20) 123
4 Blood for Bones (M20) 89
3 The Eldest Reborn (DAR) 90
2 Raiders' Wake (XLN) 116
3 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
2 Cry of the Carnarium (RNA) 70

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Finally out of gems, so I'm just now getting around to climbing the Constructed ladder. In Gold right now and trying to have fun building random weird tribal decks. Turns out White Weenie can pretty easily be turned into Cat Agro. Sphinx tribal works as both a control-leaning midrange deck, or as a midrangey version of the Azorius Fliers deck. Golem tribal might work I think.

Any other ideas?

Rime

<Donor>
MTG:A is releasing on the Epic Game Store, however, they have stated you do not need an account to play it, as you can still use the MTGA client if you wish.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
MTG:A is releasing on the Epic Game Store, however, they have stated you do not need an account to play it, as you can still use the MTGA client if you wish.
What's really important: it's finally coming to OSX!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, does this mean it will finally be out of "Beta"? I just ask so that players will stop saying "But its still in Beta" whenever certain actions occur.

I hope they get a friends list system in by then. I am really confused as to why this feature has not been implemented yet. What kind of massive programming is involved to write that system????? Given that magic is all about playing with your friends, I would think that would have been one of the first things implemented with the UI.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Friends list doesn't bring in $$ and I believe any form of chat needs to be ADA / GDPR / CCPA compliant now for newer games so it stops just becoming a programming issue as well.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
4 Island (ANA) 57
4 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
4 Paradise Druid (WAR) 171
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
8 Forest (ANA) 65
3 Gargos, Vicious Watcher (M20) 172
2 Hungering Hydra (M19) 189
4 Voracious Hydra (M20) 200
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
4 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
1 Leyline of Anticipation (M20) 64
4 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
4 Leyline of Abundance (M20) 179

really digging this Simic Hydra Ramp deck i brewed for BO1. mulligans super well, especially on the play, can do wacky stuff like turn 2 Nissa or even turn 2 Gargos extremely rarely. sometimes i miss having interaction and wish i had Rabid Bite in the deck, maybe i should. Voracious Hydra can ETB fight at least.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Having fun with a Gruul Dino list that usually wins on turn 5. I already hate that new Abzan deck. At least Arena has the rope.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wow do i hate this Dimir Agent of Treachery Reanimator deck. is it just so prevalent because of my rank? surely isn't still around much at higher ranks? it's beatable just so damn annoying.

Sterling

El Presidente
wow do i hate this Dimir Agent of Treachery Reanimator deck. is it just so prevalent because of my rank? surely isn't still around much at higher ranks? it's beatable just so damn annoying.
I've only seen it or the Grixis version in Mythic a couple of times. Not common at all and I don't think it's very good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've only seen it or the Grixis version in Mythic a couple of times. Not common at all and I don't think it's very good.

yeah it picks on that Simic Hydra list i posted pretty well, and somehow i seem to run into it a lot despite that it has to be pretty damn janky against a lot of the other decks i run into.

Rime

<Donor>
Hope you guys like a buffed version of ScapeShift! Because that is all that this event seems to be.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my six wins and got the fuck out of that event. Games were long for the most part.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
LOL THIS DRAFT

1566830368674.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user