MTG: Arena

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've been playing my usual Dimir Control default that I build when I don't have any better ideas, and it's doing okay in BO3 since black counters Cat pretty well. Cry of the Carnarium is maindeckable, and exiles any creature that die THAT TURN regardless of whether they die when or after it's cast. Then 4x Leyline of the Void in the sideboard and I'm doing okay. Done some other weird spicy things like used Tale's End to counter their endless chump block cycle.

I sometimes create janky exile decks with Ashiok, carnarium, leyline of the void, etc, just to try and get games with cats or Golgari graveyard decks and the like. It’s always super satisfying to play against a Golgari deck who has managed to get a bunch of shit in the graveyard to resurrect and then you pull out Ashiok and they instantly quit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh hey, should we do a tournament for ELD now that Oko is gone? Or maybe should we do some other format for a tournament sometime? Brawl tournament?

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Drafted three Archon of Absolutions

eld-3-archon-of-absolution.jpg

Ran into an opponent who drafted a monowhite weenie deck, proceeded to get all three archons in play by turn six.

I hope he didn't rage quit lol

Sterling

El Presidente
in general yes, but it's like 2 months into the set already so you'll probably want to wait for the next one.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is it worth it to invest in the 3.4k gems into the mastery thing?

You get all the bottom row rewards even if you buy the pass after you reach the end, so if you're unsure you'll get it all you can always just hold off buying it. Literally zero penalty for waiting.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm pretty goddamn sick of the super-friends decks in standard right now. Thought Erasure + Fires + shitloads of planeswalkers is just annoying as hell. Maybe it is just the decks I'm playing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Eldraine kinda sucks anyways, Hopefully next set will spice up standard a bit since we just lost a bunch of sets. Usually post rotation standard is very linear then grows back up.

they better reprint cleansing nova and others like that

Sterling

El Presidente
Eldraine made me lose all interest in MTG.
I actually enjoy the limited format, but while better now, standard has been mostly dogshit for awhile. Pioneer really needs a real control deck and other formats have been whatever.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I actually enjoy the limited format, but while better now, standard has been mostly dogshit for awhile. Pioneer really needs a real control deck and other formats have been whatever.

Yeah the limited is pretty awesome, and has been since WotS. I've been having a lot of fun with it. Being able to draft mono color or two color is pretty fun. The power level of the entire set is high enough across Commons and uncommons that it's hard to draft a bad deck, so most of the wins come from actual game play decisions instead of bomb rares.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
This cat oven deck is a nightmare to play against. Fuck this set.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This cat oven deck is a nightmare to play against. Fuck this set.
Just good against your decks or is more the clunky way that it plays on arena specifically? Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't take so long to go through the motions of activating the oven, activating the cat etc.