MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
lol i'm not playing it but there are about 10 variations of nexus decks, almost all with oko, some with reclamation some with nissa some with fotd out their, it's pretty hilarious
Honestly they're probably all too slow against the burning tree emissary aggro decks.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
So far the Bo1 historic event is actually pretty great. Sure there is some Oko, field, and RDW in there but it is mostly good variety. So far I have achieved a win with the 58 land treasure hunt/glint horn or jace deck, a turn 4 swing with 8 and 11 power Ajani pridemates, a hidetsugus rite win, and blasted an Oko with a t3 embercleave on burning tree which felt great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm having fun brewing in Historic even if I haven't won much lol. Really is making me hope we get Pioneer someday.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dinos ruled old Bo1 standard...and they ruled again in the historic event. Nothing better than crushing fools with extinct reptiles.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anybody is seriously considering playing this game long term, I will be selling my account in 1 month or so. I could sell it faster if there is interest. I have had the account for over 1 year. It has pretty much every good card in full sets. I also have sleeves no longer available like the soul ring and Angel sleeve. PM me if interested.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If anybody is seriously considering playing this game long term, I will be selling my account in 1 month or so. I could sell it faster if there is interest. I have had the account for over 1 year. It has pretty much every good card in full sets. I also have sleeves no longer available like the soul ring and Angel sleeve. PM me if interested.

what are accounts with all cards selling for? curious cause my account is 99% complete also

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
what are accounts with all cards selling for? curious cause my account is 99% complete also
1574530295868.png

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea. Looking at player auction, maybe $125.00.

Looking at that site, I am surprised there are only 9 accounts for sale.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm really sick of the seeing the stupidassed Chandra flyer + scorch splitter + cavalcade of calamity combo. Real genius you can consistently get a flyer up to like +17 damage on turn 3-4.

I'm not saying it can't be beat and it's obviously not even at the top of the meta but it fucking irks me. Probably because my jank can't deal with it.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm really sick of the seeing the stupidassed Chandra flyer + scorch splitter + cavalcade of calamity combo. Real genius you can consistently get a flyer up to like +17 damage on turn 3-4.

I'm not saying it can't be beat and it's obviously not even at the top of the meta but it fucking irks me. Probably because my jank can't deal with it.
How often does spitfire even come up? In thousands of matches I doubt I've had it cast against me more than 2 or 3 times total.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a bit bummed because i'm in a position where I think the meta is fairly decent but I refuse to play because the fucking cat combo is so buttfuck clunky on mtga, I just don't have the disposition to handle playing it or playing against it

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a bit bummed because i'm in a position where I think the meta is fairly decent but I refuse to play because the fucking cat combo is so buttfuck clunky on mtga, I just don't have the disposition to handle playing it or playing against it

I hate that mechanic. It is easily the worst card they have ever printed for Arena. Everything about that artifact irritates me. The time it takes to use it and the sound it makes. I have gotten to a point where I just concede if they are playing that artifact.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I hate that mechanic. It is easily the worst card they have ever printed for Arena. Everything about that artifact irritates me. The time it takes to use it and the sound it makes. I have gotten to a point where I just concede if they are playing that artifact.
Yeah having to deal with all the triggers and animations is definitely on the tedious side of things for Arena. Which is unfortunate since it's a good but not broken combo.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I've been playing my usual Dimir Control default that I build when I don't have any better ideas, and it's doing okay in BO3 since black counters Cat pretty well. Cry of the Carnarium is maindeckable, and exiles any creature that die THAT TURN regardless of whether they die when or after it's cast. Then 4x Leyline of the Void in the sideboard and I'm doing okay. Done some other weird spicy things like used Tale's End to counter their endless chump block cycle.