MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You guys not digging standard -- have you tried Traditional Historic much? That's where I've been spending my time when I'm not doing limited. Yeah, there's Nexus decks and Oko decks and one awful deck that combines those two with Field of the Dead, but for the most part people are playing their own brews on the ladder ime. More fun than I thought it would be, and Spikes are saying it's much easier to climb the ladder there than in Standard.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You guys not digging standard -- have you tried Traditional Historic much? That's where I've been spending my time when I'm not doing limited. Yeah, there's Nexus decks and Oko decks and one awful deck that combines those two with Field of the Dead, but for the most part people are playing their own brews on the ladder ime. More fun than I thought it would be, and Spikes are saying it's much easier to climb the ladder there than in Standard.
Yeah, I was watching CalebD playing Embercleave Dinosaurs and it kinda gave me the itch a little bit watching people get smashed by sword-wielding Dinosaurs.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New event has the Power 9's. Opening with a Black Lotus usually gets a concede.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
New event has the Power 9's. Opening with a Black Lotus usually gets a concede.
Yeah I got my 3 packs. Had some real dumb games involving power. Casting turn 1 Ashiok got a quick concession. Lost to sol ring into 4 drop into sword of fire and ice. It's pretty wild.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
friends list update live

pharmakos#99271

if everyone copies their nick to here i'll take the time next week and compile everyone's screennames into one big list for the OP

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leyline#86299

Once Legends of Runeterra comes out, my playtime for this game will decrease drastically.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh, fucking garbage devotion is back. Theros was what pushed me out of playing Standard last time around.

Ashiok does seem like a beast of a card though, and combined with Liliana that should be a deck in its own right.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Yes it is, and nexus is basically control until it loops you.

If anything pioneer needs more agro decks

I played at my lgs lastnight no burn decks but I faced, blue white control, esper control both with approach finishers and dimir control with TSG, it's like zoo decks vs control mostly, also have seen lots of thing/phoenix decks, I play izzet elder deep fiend

Sterling

El Presidente
There's been control decks in the leagues and stuff, but it doesn't seem like any of the PTQs or other major events have had many control decks with any success.

Also, friend requested some of you shitbirds.

Sterling

El Presidente
If anyone is doing the Historic Artisan event you might want to try U/W flyers since that shit is absurd in the format and get yourselves some cosmetics.

Deck
2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
4 Curious Obsession (RIX) 35
4 Empyrean Eagle (M20) 208
4 Faerie Guidemother (ELD) 11
4 Favorable Winds (XLN) 56
4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
9 Island (ANA) 57
7 Plains (ANA) 56
4 Rally of Wings (WAR) 27
4 Siren Stormtamer (XLN) 79
4 Spectral Sailor (M20) 76
2 Spell Pierce (XLN) 81
4 Tranquil Cove (M20) 259
4 Ornithopter (M10) 216

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
wanted to make a Historic Artisan deck that took advantage of Distant Melody, ended up settling on Izzet Draw Two Faeries, kind of fun

Deck
4 Faerie Miscreant (M20) 58
9 Island (MIR) 336
4 Hypnotic Sprite (ELD) 49
4 Faerie Vandal (ELD) 45
4 Distant Melody (MOR) 32
4 Curious Obsession (RIX) 35
4 Shock (M19) 156
4 Tome Raider (ELD) 68
4 Improbable Alliance (ELD) 193
5 Mountain (MIR) 346
4 Wee Dragonauts (GRN) 214
4 Swiftwater Cliffs (M20) 252
2 Izzet Locket (GRN) 238
4 Unclaimed Territory (XLN) 258

absolutely not optimized, i ended up on a win streak after my first build of the deck and then just never bothered improving.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
In the last 6 months, FotD, Oko and Catshit decks. Are these guys the least bit competent? Over 25 years of design...and this is the shit they pull out? Runeterra got another sub at release.