MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They will ban neither of those cards because they are fine in standard on paper. They will not make any arena only card changes or erattas.

This isn't retard hearthstone and wotc has been solid for a while in making smart bans even if Hasbro is pants on heads retarded in business.

Suck it up until real ranked begins at the end of this month and never play terrible BO1 ever again.

Also your "just draft gruul" strategy is also dumb.

it's not mine, it's what's happening, play sealed

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
This is the best time to play agro or burn since everyone is brewing with unoptimized decks.

Burn got real powerful with the new set and is super quick if you want to do bo1.

4x Fireblade Fanatic
4x Viashino Pyromancer
4x Runaway Steamkin
4x Ghitu Lavarunner

4x Shock
4x Wizards lightning
4x Lightning Strike
2x Risk Factor

4x Skewer the Critics
4x Light the Stage

4x Flames of Keld

18 Mountains

No Pheonix or Frenzy or Whirler this is more like Modern burn with worse creatures. Only two spells with 3cmc and everything else is 1/2 cmc.

It's not super easy to play because if you spend all your burn on creatures you will just run out of steam and die. Flames of Keld and Light the Stage are huge bonuses to this deck and if you have 3 spells in hand when the third level hits you probably win.

Almost ALWAYS go face with your spells unless it's something annoying like wildgrowth walker.

So many decks are trying to play 4 colors and are taking tons of damage from shocks so your job is made easier. The 3/3 hexproof gruul guy isn't that bad you just play your spells in the main phase since they don't play interaction anyways.

Sterling

El Presidente
lol

*bows in front of the nerd lord*
He's a nerd lord because he knows to not pass priority before activating his walkers into open mana? I didn't realize not being shitty at magic was the threshold for nerd status.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
He's a nerd lord because he knows to not pass priority before activating his walkers into open mana? I didn't realize not being shitty at magic was the threshold for nerd status.

Read to me as a cocky know it all nerdsplaining the rules, as if speaking to complete idiots, instead of just letting someone who may be new or play less know what's up.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Read to me as a cocky know it all nerdsplaining the rules, as if speaking to complete idiots, instead of just letting someone who may be new or play less know what's up.

Oh i'm sorry, I forgot that FoH is the supreme community for helping new players in games.

I also was helping that person, you on the other hand are a faggot.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1547951693831.png

This sealed pool was lol.

In the 7th round I was 1 turn from dead, stole my opponents Biogenic Ooze+copy for 8 mana, stabilized, then played my own Biogenic Ooze, growing both at double rate.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
View attachment 190342

This sealed pool was lol.

In the 7th round I was 1 turn from dead, stole my opponents Biogenic Ooze+copy for 8 mana, stabilized, then played my own Biogenic Ooze, growing both at double rate.

Pretty much every opponent against me in sealed, I have not done it on MTGA yet I don't know if losing to straight bombs in digital format gives me the same warm feeling inside.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I suck. Went 2-1 and needed 1 win to get 50 gems in draft and the cold front /storm blew out my internet next 2 matches.

Sitting at 1450 and feel like a relic against all these fancy new cards

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
wtf my game is just gone, not installed anymore

edit nm its there in program files patch must have deleted all shortcuts and start menu tho lol

Same thing happened to me. Had to find the .exe file in Program Files, haha.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Here’s a code for draft from the pre-release! Good luck on dibs.

e: It has been claimed.

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking LAND DESTRUCTION is a thing again? Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

No, I DON'T want to play, please remove ALL of my mana, thanks.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Decided to try burn with skewer and light up the stage and it's actually really nice.

Seems to make playing with guttersnipe and electrostatic field viable.

Got a lucky loop with steamkin and managed to play almost 20 cards on turn 4 from what started as a pretty shitty opener to end the game.

Would still like to try radkos version, but trying to not blow my remaining wilds or spending $100 before meta settles.