MTG: Arena

Sterling

El Presidente
after watching some more of the tourny i'd like to double down on this, it's so fucking terrible
There are sideboards and it matters if anyone is playing Mastermind's Acquisition, or could potentially cast an opponent's

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There are sideboards and it matters if anyone is playing Mastermind's Acquisition, or could potentially cast an opponent's

a sideboard for mastermind's is not a sideboard in the sense i'm talking about, you must know that

this format is garbage

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't disagree with this, just saying people are actually submitting sideboards.

a "sideboard" for mastermind's isn't a sideboard in the sense of how the word's been used for the last couple decade

fairly pointless semantics

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Codes for freebies.

SuperScry
ParallaxPotion

There will likely be more too since there are quite a few cards where alt art aren't purchasable.

5-0'ed the event with white weenie and then with a 14 land RDW just to see if I could get away with it. So many easy turn 3 wins.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

I got hammered. none of my decks are viable for it.
best were gruul and a reworked auras of majesty. both basically were working of carnage tyrants.
turn 3 carnage tyrant into t4 Serra's wings is pretty beastly.
but... I only have 1 carnage tyrant.. so, not reliable for 5-0...

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This treasure shit is absolutely cancerous and I want no part of it.

Why on earth didn't they give the person going 2nd 2 treasures on their first turn? This is basically another "who goes first wins"

• 1Dislike

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Another freebie code from reddit, STARTERSTYLES . Also next code is FoilFungus

Last edited:
  • 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hopefully the pros just revolt against this trash fully and we never see another "competitive" best of 1 event again:

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's okay as a streamer showdown event. It's fucking terrible as a competitive magic event.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The most dominant mono red deck I've seen in a Standard format since Pillage was legal.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's okay as a streamer showdown event. It's fucking terrible as a competitive magic event.
Very much agreed. I think a large part of the hate for this format, is that they are using it for THE largest prize pool EVER.. It's so ridiculous how much bigger this prize pool is, especially compared to the total entrants, then any previous tournament. To use an untested format, that ends up being less skill testing, is really aggravating. If it had been for a streamer showdown with like a 10k to 40k 1st place, i think most would have been fine with it.
The fans wants to believe that skill and dedicated matters at the top tiers of the game, at least I think they do. Is the stream for the invitational getting super high viewer numbers and I'm just wrong? Seriously, I haven't been paying attention, no idea if the event is succeeding or not for viewership.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Very much agreed. I think a large part of the hate for this format, is that they are using it for THE largest prize pool EVER.. It's so ridiculous how much bigger this prize pool is, especially compared to the total entrants, then any previous tournament. To use an untested format, that ends up being less skill testing, is really aggravating. If it had been for a streamer showdown with like a 10k to 40k 1st place, i think most would have been fine with it.
The fans wants to believe that skill and dedicated matters at the top tiers of the game, at least I think they do. Is the stream for the invitational getting super high viewer numbers and I'm just wrong? Seriously, I haven't been paying attention, no idea if the event is succeeding or not for viewership.

I've been hearing that the viewer numbers are not correct, since they embed the stream all over the place. So getting a bunch of false views.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's crazy huge for a MTG event by the previous viewership, but it's hard to tell how much of it is "real" given their super aggressive marketing push. The entire Curse network for example had auto-play embedded ads for it etc.

Watch them take these viewer numbs as gospel that best of 1 is their new path forward and torpedo set development for half a decade over it.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Hit Mythic this month, almost missed it didn't focus much.

Also did that stupid treasure event where every game takes an hour because one remembers they have priority.

Sterling

El Presidente
Hit Mythic this month, almost missed it didn't focus much.

Also did that stupid treasure event where every game takes an hour because one remembers they have priority.
i couldn't hit mythic constructed off the prerelease and other free codes and zero dollars. did hit mythic limited at least, but that 13 land red deck was real hard to put a run together with in diamond and then the Selo server happened and so here we are, experiment over.