MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Obvious whale running a four color dragon deck packed with rares and mythic rares just lost to my cheapo vampire deck. I had 59 life when he died. Felt good.

Didn't realize a four color deck could work if you had enough dual lands. It was close for a bit til all my pieces came together and I hit the tipping point. Makes me want to try at least a three color deck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Obvious whale running a four color dragon deck packed with rares and mythic rares just lost to my cheapo vampire deck. I had 59 life when he died. Felt good.

Didn't realize a four color deck could work if you had enough dual lands. It was close for a bit til all my pieces came together and I hit the tipping point. Makes me want to try at least a three color deck.
4 colours sounds like way to many to be consistent, he is probably getting a lot of losses from not drawing the correct colour lands to play his cards.

The game is designed for 2 right now and with pro deck building you could do 3.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Even 3 needs to be a very light splash. Everyone is bad at manabases and underestimates how many colored sources you need to reliably cast your spells.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I am really starting to get back into MTG now. Hearthstone was great but it's getting stale without more modes...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sealed deck building interface is really bad. BUT, my opponents are fucking terrible.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could also use a code if any more exist. I got the Planes Walkers but missed the free sealed code.

So it is worth doing the dailies for the free cards. You get the occasional rare and I got a dual land. I get an uncommon every time save for the one rare that can pop up. I have yet to get a mythic rare. I can confirm that a person will not always get a rare every day from the free cards won in the dailies. I assume this means that a person could get more than one rare each day. I do not seem to ever get commons and so that is nice.

Last edited:

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I could also use a code if any more exist. I got the Planes Walkers but missed the free sealed code.

So it is worth doing the dailies for the free cards. You get the occasional rare and I got a dual land. I get an uncommon every time save for the one rare that can pop up. I have yet to get a mythic rare. I can confirm that a person will not always get a rare every day from the free cards won in the dailies. I assume this means that a person could get more than one rare each day. I do not seem to ever get commons and so that is nice.

Not posotive, but at the very least it adds to your vault in the end. It really depends how much you feel like playing that day.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a vault? I wonder if this is just some fairy tale told to new players to entice them to spend more money. They removed the simple to replace icon that showed progress on it and so I wonder if it even exists at this point.

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
There is a vault but no way to see progress as far as I know. I've spent $104.99, busted $50 worth of GOR packs (plus many more from drafts), and am close to infinite in competitive GOR draft.

I've had the vault open twice.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Vault opens based on how many packs you've opened and cards you've obtained. It takes a like *edit* 30ish packs to even get a vault. Iirc. I had like 3 or 4 open for me during closed beta (only spent $15 total to do the events never on packs) every card past 4 that you collect moves vault progress like 0.01% or so.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
The Vault[edit | edit source]
When you would collect a fifth copy (or more) of a card, you earn vault progress instead of adding that card to your collection. The current contents of the Vault are:
  • 3 uncommon wildcards,
  • 2 rare wildcards,
  • 1 mythic rare wildcard.
Beginning in April 2018, players earned 3.(3)% Vault progress for each 8-card Booster pack they open. As of July 2018, you no longer earn Vault progress for opening packs.[20] Every time you get the fifth copy of a card will earn you progress towards your next vault opening[18]:
  • Mythic — 1.(1)%
  • Rare — 0.(5)%
  • Uncommon — 0.(3)%
  • Common — 0.(1)%
Opening the Vault requires getting duplicates through packs/drafting: 900 common, 300 uncommon, 180 rare, or 90 mythic rares duplicates. Duplicates progress define value of 1 mythic = 2 rares = 3.(3) uncommon = 10 common duplicate cards. Therefore, the value of a single Vault with 1 mythic, 2 rare and 3 uncommon wildcards is equal to 3 mythic wildcards. That way a single wildcard of any rarity equals 30 duplicates of the same rarity.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have been playing this and Elder scrolls legends, Both games have really good free to play systems.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
So if you still have OG MTG online accounts is this worth switching to?

If you only play standard and limited, potentially.

There is no trading, no economy, so its like hearthstone in that there is no Cash Out when youre done. And you cant play legacy or modern. But it is a way more polished program than MTGO could ever hope to be.

I cashed out my MTGO account last year before this was announced and put like $50 into this game to get a nearly complete standard deck, so it can really scratch that magic itch for quite a bit less than paper or MTGO.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks to the dailies, it really scratches the itch. I can verify that the free cards you get in the dailies can be an Epic rare. At the very least it is an uncommon which after a while will help with the vault.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now I can confirm that the free cards can be any type at any point. I got another Mythic rare and a rare in the same day. Spent a little bit more money because I wanted to build a good White/red deck that eats up a lot of the blue/red ones. I figure the time I spend playing this game makes it worth the value.