MTG: Arena

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I wonder what other errata/rule changes are going to happen in the future because of arena. We have had two now.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Did they fuck around with the card draw algorithm? My games always start me with 2 lands then I get no lands.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Did they fuck around with the card draw algorithm? My games always start me with 2 lands then I get no lands.
How many lands in the deck? Best of 1?

In Best of 1 they made the shuffler even more generous than before.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Same thing happened to me. I was playing my gates deck and I was only getting max 2 lands on draw/mulligan then getting no land. I even jumped the lands up in my deck and it still felt wonky.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I've been getting land flooded in over half of my games the last few days with my 19 land aggro deck. Go figure.

• 1Moron

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've been getting land flooded in over half of my games the last few days with my 19 land aggro deck. Go figure.

Yeah, I've been having retarded land issues of late myself. I even had a mulligan that gave me no additional lands and had to forfeit (which has only ever happened twice, once during the forum tourney).

Last edited:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I've been having retarded land issues of late myself. I even had a mulligan that gave me no additional lands and had to forfeit (which has only ever happened twice, once during the forum tourney).

If youre playing Bo3, I don't believe there is any hand smoothing. It is an actual random X cards from your deck.

If you mean in Bo1, well, having had the last 2 nights be the best and worst draws where I could not lose nor win, randomness is there and its a true testament to how magic has survived and thrived despite Lands being the worst mechanic the game has, by far.

Caliane

boros looking FINE.
hnLfPhY.png

Not sure how much boros needed a powerful board wipe. aurelia, boros challenger, shalai, archway angel live by default. most others die.
Tajic, and The wanderer negate the self kill entirely.

q4gH991urjos0cEQ2e2gqM-vlXm_9fY0qHifK0p6jYM.jpg

but this fine girl. whew lads. she also lives.
and some god damn shenanigans with various instants/sorcs.
Reddit pointed out Jeskai for unlimited dive downs... Unlimited Essance capture.

That defiant strike over and over too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Que up with a 19 land RDW for some quick games, first game get 3 risk factors off. Each time, 3 lands drawn. WTF

• 1Dislike

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's too bad there's no good say to set up our own draft tournament. I've gotten so that over the last few months the only Magic I enjoy playing is draft...

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish it were a true draft. I am not a fan of facing players who have gotten lucky with bots not picking their colors and building one hell of a deck. I just recently faced a white/blue artifact deck that had 3 of the flying engineers that are uncommon. The person might have had more. The beat down was real.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, any reason given for why it can't happen is instantly negated by the fact that MTGO does it.

I am really surprised by the lack of community tools in the game. Mind you, I understand the no chat. They would probably have to ban 90% of the people that come to try and play the game because of the SJW policing you know would happen.

• 1Rustled

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, any reason given for why it can't happen is instantly negated by the fact that MTGO does it.
The queues take a while in MTGO, but with the number of people playing MTG arena, they would go fast. I don't think they expected the number of concurrent users they currently have when they designed the draft system.

The system they have now does let people make their picks at their own pace though.

MTGO moved away from real competitive 8 person draft pods too, towards the league queue model.

Real 8 person draft pods are the best though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
9 Forest (RIX) 196
4 Departed Deckhand (M19) 49
3 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
3 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
4 Pelt Collector (GRN) 141
4 Steel Leaf Champion (DAR) 182
4 Nullhide Ferox (GRN) 138
4 Ghalta, Primal Hunger (RIX) 130
4 Unclaimed Territory (XLN) 258
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
4 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
2 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 258
3 Frilled Mystic (RNA) 174

This deck is fucking fantastic in BO1. Ghalta just goes right over the top of what most people are doing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone else think mana fixing is too good right now? I get that it is a guilds block, but it really is fucking annoying that three color decks are rarely punished by not having the right colors.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I saw someone theorizing that War is going to change that to an extent. Can't remember what their reasoning was, tho.

• 1Like