MTG: Arena

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Went 12-1 on the first play any card event, yesterday I went 0-2.

Good times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I’ve had two people unmoored ego me recently on early turns looking for field of the dead and golos when I wasn’t playing either. So that was amusing.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fucking Christ. I just went 6-3 in draft with a sweet UR mini-flyers deck.

All 3 of my losses were to opponents that had either 2 or 3 heart-piercers and got all of them in the first 10 cards.

I am salty as fuck right now.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
fotd likely about to be buttfucked, really not other reason for this

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
fotd likely about to be buttfucked, really not other reason for this

About fucking time, honestly. Having one card dominate two metas isn't healthy and they should have created a counter in this set.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
They have neutered LD for so long I knew a land would end up doing dumb shit at some point.

Doesn't help that 3 of the best cards to counter it rotated.

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure it really needs to be banned. Compare it to say, Valukut which was much harder to interact with and the ramp cards of that era were much better than they are currently and it never got hit. Loss of Blood Sun hurts but hyper aggro tends to be very good against the field decks as well as that dumb cat/oven deck.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Not sure it really needs to be banned. Compare it to say, Valukut which was much harder to interact with and the ramp cards of that era were much better than they are currently and it never got hit. Loss of Blood Sun hurts but hyper aggro tends to be very good against the field decks as well as that dumb cat/oven deck.

You don't want a meta dominated primarily by one deck or even two. They just released a new expansion and what is everyone playing? A 90% same variation of last meta's top deck. The deck is winning a ton of events so it's not likely to leave the top spot without help.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah maybe even just a temporary ban until some hate cards hit? It's not about how strong a card is in a vacuum of course, but rather about how strong it is in its current environment, and yeah ...

I guess I'd have to see some match win % averages to know for sure that it isn't just a stupidly popular trend, but rather truly an oppressive card.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The timing of the announcement is hilarious. They moved up the date right after everyone submitted their decks for mythic championship so it is probably a huge % of the meta. The problem is it is just so non-interactive and the mirror is terribly boring (to me at least).

I have just been screwing around with this deck in Bo1 and it is way too fun with a decent winrate.

4 Cauldron Familiar (ELD) 81
3 Claim the Firstborn (ELD) 118
3 Act of Treason (M20) 124
2 Spark Harvest (WAR) 105
4 Mayhem Devil (WAR) 204
4 Priest of Forgotten Gods (RNA) 83
4 Gutterbones (RNA) 76
3 Witch's Oven (ELD) 237
2 Order of Midnight (ELD) 99
2 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Opportunistic Dragon (ELD) 133
4 Burglar Rat (GRN) 64
2 Midnight Reaper (GRN) 77
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
7 Swamp (ANA) 63
7 Mountain (ANA) 64
1 Bloodfell Caves (M20) 242
2 Fabled Passage (ELD) 244

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Christ. I just went 6-3 in draft with a sweet UR mini-flyers deck.

All 3 of my losses were to opponents that had either 2 or 3 heart-piercers and got all of them in the first 10 cards.

I am salty as fuck right now.
Complaining about going 6-3 in draft is pretty whiny-brag.

• 1Worf

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Complaining about going 6-3 in draft is pretty whiny-brag.

I'm complaining specifically about the piercer bullshit stopping me from 7 wins. I'm super happy to get to 6, but fucking pissed about the losses.

I'm also not the best drafter, so that makes it even worse.