MTG: Arena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
One thing that is still irking me about MTG Arena, is the play first/draw first percentages.
I litterally tracked every game I played from July 5th to yesterday. And I am getting hosed big time.
Only tracked best of one since that's all I played during that time.
Games Played : 5218
Played First : 1817
SO I played first 34.82% of the time.

50/50 my ass.

Posted in MTG Arena last night, crickets. Since normally they say sample size too small, etc...

But back to the meta. Yea FoTD is broken with so little every color hate for lands.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
One thing that is still irking me about MTG Arena, is the play first/draw first percentages.
I litterally tracked every game I played from July 5th to yesterday. And I am getting hosed big time.
Only tracked best of one since that's all I played during that time.
Games Played : 5218
Played First : 1817
SO I played first 34.82% of the time.

50/50 my ass.

Posted in MTG Arena last night, crickets. Since normally they say sample size too small, etc...

But back to the meta. Yea FoTD is broken with so little every color hate for lands.

Talking about areas that need improvement, the same issues with land still pop up even if the London mulligan is far better. Honestly, I should mull to 6 just because the London hand is far superior to my starting hand far too regularly. Might as well start with a 6 card hand but in a game of inches, every resource counts. Once Upon a Time is so good just because it helps with mana screw so well. Why in the fuck would you ever not play green in this environment? I can get to 7 mana with mana fixing by the time someone else gets to 4 mana and hopefully the right mana. It's crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
One of my favorite standard decks of all time during Kamigawa/early Ravnica. I won my first PTQ playing Land destruction.

Print good answers.

Turn 1:
1571420230031.png

Turn 2:
1571420007110.png

Turn 3-5:
1571420024148.png
1571420111949.png
1571420203960.png

Win the game:
1571420251864.png
1571420276381.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You were a knob if you were playing demolish in that deck lol. Stone rain/boomering/eye of nowhere was plenty. You MAYBE played a couple annex at best in the 4 slot.

That entire magnivore deck eventually got replaced by owling mine and wildfire tron/eminent domain decks though.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
You were a knob if you were playing demolish in that deck lol. Stone rain/boomering/eye of nowhere was plenty. You MAYBE played a couple annex at best in the 4 slot.

That entire magnivore deck eventually got replaced by owling mine and wildfire tron/eminent domain decks though.

Sorry if I liked Main deck answers to JITTE!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I loved LD decks. Just another variation of winning and no more oppressive than a lot of other decks over the years. I've taken lots of time off during different eras but one of my favorite LD decks was an Obliterate one during one of my favorite times in MTG, the Invasion block era.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Jesus, watching the Mythic Championship is so painful.

Which Golos deck is going to Agent the most of their opponents FoD first??

This meta sucks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Jesus, watching the Mythic Championship is so painful.

Which Golos deck is going to Agent the most of their opponents FoD first??

This meta sucks.
Felt like they went out of their way to not have golos decks in the feature matches early since there'll probably be a lot later just based on percentages.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Felt like they went out of their way to not have golos decks in the feature matches early since there'll probably be a lot later just based on percentages.

Maybe I just tuned in at exactly the right time to see the Golos matchup.

Also, christ this coverage is bad. Trying to treat eSports coverage like regular sports coverage has always been a bad idea. Someone needs to come up with a better way.

LiquidDeath

Already sick of hearing them refer to a single person as "they" continuously.

• 2Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
golos mirrors make esper mirrors look like mad max fury road in terms of excitement

The last 30% of this event is going to be suicide inducing

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
golos mirrors make esper mirrors look like mad max fury road in terms of excitement

The last 30% of this event is going to be suicide inducing
Golos mirrors are pretty awful most of the time. Sometimes you get some good games, but a pretty high percentage of the games are very lopsided.

There's a not unreasonable chance some of the G/R and Knight/equipment decks go deep since they're actually good against Golos.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Golos mirrors are pretty awful most of the time. Sometimes you get some good games, but a pretty high percentage of the games are very lopsided.

There's a not unreasonable chance some of the G/R and Knight/equipment decks go deep since they're actually good against Golos.

How do knight equipment decks do well against the deck that clogs up the ground with 2/2s and plays wrath of god?