MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I wish I had kept 1 dual of each and a Cradle.

I mean fuck, I wish I hadn't sold my cradles for 15 dollars each. I had one in almost every language they were printed in.

Not that I ever play EDH ever.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tiny Leaders: EDH For People Who Hate The Reasons People Liked EDH.

It's a fun format in its own right, and it's done a good job of diverting the super-spiky folks away from the hyper-casual EDH tables, which is best for all involved
smile.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I hate sounding like a snob, but I just enjoy legacy more than anything else. Modern is fine, standard has its moments. EDH is fucking terrible.

I'd rather play vs burn and miracles all night than EDH.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd rather Rochester draft than any of the other formats, but for some reason I can't find another 7 people to rock it
wink.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist confirmed Tiny Leaders pro.
Well, I was going through a collection the other day and found an perfect NM foil Jenara, Asura of War...

So I could, but then I'd need friends.

I would play vintage long before I'd play Legacy, because Gush.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Appreciate the insight on the Dual Lands. I'm not getting away from Magic, I still thoroughly enjoy it. But, I've got 4, 3rd edition DLs that I don't really need and more ideas for new decks than are good for me. Quick sales aren't important, but avoiding a pain in the ass would be preferable, I suppose. When I look on SCG and see Underground Sea in "played" quality for $250 retail, what would be a realistic expectation; half of that?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
More than half. You can buylist to dealers for 60% at most GPs. Can probably sell to another player for $180.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
How the FNM promo Serum Visions art made it out of WotC's art division is a fucking mystery.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hoping that the video of easily-opened-and-resealed MM2015 packs is fabricated, since the main form of draft I'm probably going to encounter for the set is "everyone brings their own packs."

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I doubt it is. Supposedly something about too little glue on the pack, but you can still do the same thing with a razor. They should never have moved away from cellophane. These new cardboard packs are going to be hell on foils because of humidity.

I'm so glad I already traded my box. I sense an impending shitstorm.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Modern Masters drafts were fun last night. Forced U/G Graft a couple times. Thrumming Bird is a real sonuvabitch. Kinda sucks that you basically never get any Tezzeret's Gambits because other people hoover em up, but you get some really late pick Steady Progresses to make up for it.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Modern Masters drafts were fun last night. Forced U/G Graft a couple times. Thrumming Bird is a real sonuvabitch. Kinda sucks that you basically never get any Tezzeret's Gambits because other people hoover em up, but you get some really late pick Steady Progresses to make up for it.
Friend bought me in for the FNM draft and I took 1st. BUG graft/e spawn/tokens/+1+1counters/proliferate. Creakwood, Thrumming Bird, Inexorable Tide, Frogling, 2x Thrive(had 3), Squirter, 2x Vines.

Tried going arcane/spirits when I got two early Thief of Hope but the cards either weren't there or someone I didn't play got them. Format was much more fun than I was expecting I just wish people had been more familiar with the cards. So many 3-5minute turns and one poor guy was devastated when I cast Thrive for 6 and connected with Thrumming Bird on the same turn. I kind of regret not running the Bloodthrone I drafted with 2x Invader, 2x Predator, 2x Drone but I wanted to cast Crusher god damnit.