MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
For funsies, try doing the math on a kicked Rite of Replication targetting a Precursor Golem.

It's one of those rules questions that makes judges go, "ah, fuck it."

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Would someone wanna play Online with me and maybe help me out? I don't know what the fuck I was thinking, but I was not prepared to go into a game, pay $9.99 to get started, get handed a bunch of shit cards, then be expected to pay full retail price for more DIGITAL fucking cards.

I was under the impression you could play for cards, is that not true or am I missing something?

My handle is VerseMagic, I'd be down to trade (I have a general grasp of the decency of what I got from the starter pack but know nothing about value and true market rarity)

Also, all the other shit aside I do love playing this game so if anyone wants to have some fun and play with me as I tinker with my shitty decks, let me know.

Xalara

Golden Squire
As I said earlier in the thread, play Hearthstone. Otherwise you will be spending a lot of money to get up to speed (like, hundreds).

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, apparently I own a Mint-Condition Imperial Seal.

I have no idea how I am going to sell this without getting ripped off/conned.

Decided to use the weekend to clean up/catalog my old boxes since my Vegas crew flaked. Seems like it was a good choice.

So, apparently I own a Mint-Condition Imperial Seal.

I have no idea how I am going to sell this without getting ripped off/conned.

Decided to use the weekend to clean up/catalog my old boxes since my Vegas crew flaked. Seems like it was a good choice.
There's a Facebook group where people sell high end cards (High End magic stuff for sale!). Join that group and check out the prices other people are getting for their seals. As a seller you are usually protected from getting ripped by having the buyer pay before you send the card.

If it really is in Mint Condition you might consider sending it off to have it graded and you can command a more premium price for it typically. This also gives the buyer peace of mind that the card is authentic.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I highly suggest selling off Imperial Seal as soon as you can, for a good price mind you. The only reason it's expensive is that it is hard to get, and WotC has taken a liking to reprinting a lot of the Portal Three Kingdoms cards. As such, Imperial Seal is pretty high on a lot of people's reprint radar.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Submitted it to the High End Magic Stuff for Sale! face book group. Thanks for the heads up on that. Selling it for the same amount I'd get from Buy List+Trade-in bonus, figure the paypal cash is more flexible than the buylist, and if I don't get any bites I can just buylist.

Apparently I missed a Becket Grading Service stop in my town today >.<

Submitted it to the High End Magic Stuff for Sale! face book group. Thanks for the heads up on that. Selling it for the same amount I'd get from Buy List+Trade-in bonus, figure the paypal cash is more flexible than the buylist, and if I don't get any bites I can just buylist.

Apparently I missed a Becket Grading Service stop in my town today >.<
Just be sure to send me a PM before you buylist it. I'll potentially give you whatever buylist price is, but you can probably get more than that from someone else.

X-3 another Grand Prix. The best part was the last round (already X-3) get paired against the guy I drove in with. 8300 player tournament. Broken down into 10 separate pods. We are put in the same one (along with about 5 other Colorado players that I know). And end up playing in the last round of day 1.... I normally lose to him, but today was different! Finally got there. Played a silly 5 color deck that I didn't want to build, but the cards forced me into it. Sunday Super Series for me tomorrow! The other guy I drove in with ended up X-1 with a sweet RW aggro deck. At least 4 other Colorado guys in day 2 that I know of (out of god knows how many)...

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nebraska Crew's vegas has been amusing so far. Best players all scrubbed out, turrbl players opened nutty pools and 9-0'd/8-1'd.

"How many Savage Twister is too many Savage Twister?"

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Ok now I am seriously stupid addicted to playing online. It all changes when you can play this many games. I've probably played as much in a few days that I would in a few months on paper.

Anyone want to trade/sell cards with me? Or any veterans with a ton of extra shit I could play you for? I'm having a lot of fun but I am too broke for this shit.

Entered my first tournament now that I've had some practice. Going to try a phantom new players sealed and see how it goes. Wish me luck~

Also, if anyone wants to play at all I'm down.

MtGO handle: VerseMagic

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I recently started playing this live at an LGS and having a blast playing standard. I hadn't done so in at least 15 years.

I build a RDW and a CoCo W/G sort of devotion deck. The RDW is very straight forward but the W/G does have some choices that have to be done right here and there so I am liking it a lot.

Still need 3 more Fleecemane and to pull the trigger on 4 Deathmist Raptors. I worry about buying them so late in the block but I think they will both be staples for a while.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, Deathmist and Den Protector are both from the most recent set, and they aren't part of Khans Block for Rotation Purposes (They're the first half of Dragons+Magic Origins pair), so this is basically the time they have the longest standard lifespan remaining. It's very nice for Deathmist that its primary enablers aren't going anywhere with the next rotation (October), and it's only really losing Rattleclaw Mystic and Whisperwood Elemental next year. The two card "Jam me into every archetype it's aaaaaaawwwwwright" combo being from the same set means it'll all rotate at once
biggrin.png

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Holy fuck the MTGO client sucks dick. Is it just me though? Lags, freezing, crashing, etc. Wtf, lol. Isn't this shit like 13 years old? I know they're making money...I could only imagine what a serious overhaul for MTGO would do. Damn.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Holy fuck the MTGO client sucks dick. Is it just me though? Lags, freezing, crashing, etc. Wtf, lol. Isn't this shit like 13 years old? I know they're making money...I could only imagine what a serious overhaul for MTGO would do. Damn.
Yes the client is terrible. No its not just you. Yes it is that old.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No, that's the NEW client from last summer.

The old client used like 1/5th as much ram and ran a lot better.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On the plus side, the mass-exodus the new client triggered made picking up cards pretty cheap when it happened.