MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The only time it's an issue is if one or two decks are wildly more popular than the others, like the Atraxa deck was last year.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Are HoD fatpacks known to be wonky or did I hit the variance lotto?
upload_2017-8-5_22-19-26.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've never bought pre-con commander stuff before, but I was probably going to pick up either the cat deck or the markov deck. Does this stuff generally need to be pre-ordered when it comes out or does it not really sell out super fast?

Most of the commander sets have had a supply issue (most never had large print run or a 2nd printing), but the one thing all commander sets do is gain value in the future. Was my main reason to get them pre-spoil (that at $95 shipped)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
@Rat Just variance. Fatpacks are true-random pack order, versus the curated (and complex) seeding order of normal boxes.

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
@Rat Just variance. Fatpacks are true-random pack order, versus the curated (and complex) seeding order of normal boxes.

It was literally Green, Red, White, RG, Green, Red, White, RG, Green, then the odd one.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It was literally Green, Red, White, RG, Green, Red, White, RG, Green, then the odd one.

yeah truly random outcomes would include all kinds of weird streaks, "random" doesn't mean you're guaranteed some equal distribution in your small sample.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Commander 2017 spoilers are pretty nice. All the cards either have interesting mechanics, a fun flavorful design, or are powerful. Good first day of previews.

Also, first time I've had to update my old Sliver Queen "Weatherlight Saga" theme deck in a while.

If we don't get a Crovax in the vampire product to "duel" Mirri I'll be a disappoint.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm getting close to release a custom game variant called Campaign Magic. Currently the art is placeholder (grabbed largely in part from FSR). Other than that, I'm ready to print and ship through ebay or some other distributor, but the byline for pictures and copyright of images is my next hurdle/concern.

Nothing.jpg

edit: replaced giant picture with smaller one

Last edited:

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. will have something to say as well. Usually those sorts of custom sets are put up on Imgur or someplace else so people can print them themselves.

Also, if you pulled pictures from FSR, I expect to see a fair share of tranny pics.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to rain on your parade, but I'm pretty sure Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. will have something to say as well. Usually those sorts of custom sets are put up on Imgur or someplace else so people can print them themselves.

Also, if you pulled pictures from FSR, I expect to see a fair share of tranny pics.
lol
nah some dude kept posting wallpaper scenic locations and then I started saving them. The most controversial is cave between a giant lady's legs

As far as WotC. You have a point. I figured I'd slowly shift to my own project with frames and icons and terminology. But it is a good product.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
There's some pretty well-made custom sets out there and as far as I know, they haven't issued takedown notices. I know there's a Star Wars one and a Starcraft one that are pretty good. If you start getting into sales and distribution yourself, that's where you might start getting on their radar. What I usually do is go grab all the custom card images online and get them printed myself by some Chinese printing place and give them to friends.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's some pretty well-made custom sets out there and as far as I know, they haven't issued takedown notices. I know there's a Star Wars one and a Starcraft one that are pretty good. If you start getting into sales and distribution yourself, that's where you might start getting on their radar. What I usually do is go grab all the custom card images online and get them printed myself by some Chinese printing place and give them to friends.
Yeah my brother advised releasing it for free, generate buzz, and then releasing own content "from the maker of Campaign Magic"

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Set overall looks neat at least. Power level is all over the place from what's spoiled so far. Carnage Champion is insanely good for 4GG.

Lol @ fucking launch errata for Hostage Taker. How did that card make it to printing like that, anyone that has played MTG for more than like 6 months would have been able to catch the infinite ETB loop immediately.

Planeswalker uniqueness going away is pretty dumb, just going to further devolve standard in to a walker frenzy. Huzzah for modern Gideon tribal I guess?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users