MTG thread

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know why mana leak is being used in several of the u/w modern miracles decks online and not condescend? Mana leak is a borderline hard counter early game, but if the deck is working it wants to go long where mana leak gets worse. Condescend is much worse in most decks, but the scry 2 and possible utility late game gives it the edge in miracles, imo.

Edit: Has anyone been testing disrupting shoal here? I had two in a box, but I don’t know if there’s any real future with it in the u/w miracles shell.

Last edited:

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Mana Leak is generally the better card. Condescend is fine in something like blue tron where you can reliably outspend someone, but otherwise Logic Knot is stronger.

Pretty happy about the Recruiter reprint. If it drops the price of originals a little bit it did it's job imo.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh my god Ensaring Bridge is a mythic too. Fucking wotc is full on money grab mode.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That argument lost all weight when they raised MSRP on these packs from 7$ to 10$. Armageddon is mythic, Doomsday is mythic, come on, this is just pure asshattery. This whole set is mathematically designed to dangle just enough value in front of chumps to get them to buy in with Jace/Recruiter, then load up all the other slots with trash so they can repeat the process in 8 months.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep that helps, but this set is reminding me a lot of Iconic Masters. Just who is this for? You've got such a wide array of cards from purely casual crap like Obliterator or Magus of the Wheel, to format staples for Legacy in Recruiter/Port, makes it hard to imagine who is going to be opening a bunch of this with it being so spread around. I'm purely a modern/standard player, what am I supposed to do with a Port? Its just gonna rot in my trade binder for months like my Manadrain and Flusterstorm are doing.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
EDH is fun, don't be a dick. Not all of us want to hammer our dicks in a door playing modern.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I love EDH, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a net negative for Magic's competitive health and profitability in the long run.

• 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Their SJW policies and shitty set design are a much larger issue than their supplemental non-standard legal prior set reprint sets having shitty card rarity re assignments.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
EDH is fun, don't be a dick. Not all of us want to hammer our dicks in a door playing modern.

Fun in Magic is a zero-sum game; any fun my opponents are having is fun I don't get to have. EDH is full of autistic manbabies that cry when you cast Chains of Mephistopheles.

• 1Worf

Heylel

Trakanon Raider

Excuse me sir, some of us hammer our dicks in a door playing vintage. We accept only the best, first print, artisanal door dick hammering.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Fun in Magic is a zero-sum game; any fun my opponents are having is fun I don't get to have. EDH is full of autistic manbabies that cry when you cast Chains of Mephistopheles.

Lol, reminded me how one guy locally who loves that card in EDH, won't play me anymore because of my LD

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
There are two kinds of Magic players. Those who find joy in playing Smokestack, and crybabies.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users