MTG thread

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The art on a lot of these cards is just generic. But a bunch of EDH reprints that were sorely needed. (downvote away)

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The art is hot garbage in this set. It's just plain bad.

Some okay cards though. They seem to have decided to say fuck it and seed some eternal options in like Spellseeker and Archon of Valor's Reach.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So wife got me a Dominaria bundle when she was at barnes and noble today. Stopped opening packs halfway through the 10 because pack four and five didn't have a rare/mythic in them.....

One had 4 uncommons and a foil common and the other had 4 uncommons and a foil uncommon cast down. Seems to me that the foils replaced the rare/mythics

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Let's play more spot the counterfit cards! We're getting real, real close to this just imploding the secondary market.

m77PkSu.jpg

Rime

<Donor>
Figures! But yeah, Chinese-region fakes are getting better and better. WotC will not win this 'war'.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Real close? those look terrible lol.

Also yet to see a counterfiet in person that has even gotten close to "real"

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm watching the Dominaria Pro Tour right now, and I can't tell if I love Fight with Fire or hate it. I love that once red players hit 9 mana you aren't safe at 10 life or below, but it really seems like a giant RNG-fest in the draft games.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's almost like RDW was competitively viable with garbage cards in standard for decades, off of the raw advantage of being a proactive low to the ground deck that punishes stumbles in a format that is traditionally a bit higher CMC and more stumble-prone (due to inferior mana-bases/card-selection); and then they started giving it non-garbage cards.

The reduction/powering-down of face-burn was accompanied with an extreme increase in average creature power-level for the color.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I mean.. you aren't wrong, but the problem is more the diversity and resiliency of the threats. Scrapheap scrounger, heart of kiran, bomat courier, Chandra and (to a lesser extent) walking ballista are the problems. Otherwise, control would feast on these decks with sweepers. Fumigate does almost nothing against most of those cards, and you can play around settle. The RDW looks like the exception in the top 8, it's the R/B decks that really crushed. A random aggro deck always has a chance to just highroll it's way to top 8.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Actually, after thinking about it (didn't watch much coverage of either day) the RDW deck probably beats up on the R/B aggro decks somewhat. Being more consistent and doing similar things.