MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
These red red/black decks have some really high quality creatures compared to back when it was like 16 1 drops, 8 2 drops and burn builds.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
For day two Mono-red aggro + R/B aggro/midrange made up 42% of the meta. That is wicked lol

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interview of one of the top 8 guys said in testing vs Red/x they consistently kept coming back to the fact that the red deck always had the better creatures. Cant beat em join em

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From the weekly stream, Core 2019 set on Tarkir, spoiler season at the end of the month. Bunch of idjits on Reddit screaming "ERMAHGERD FETCH LANDS IN COOOOORE" despite Maro being crystal clear we ain't getting fetches in Standard ever again, and that they'll never be in whatever they make to replace modern eventually. Also, bunch of folks thinking "set on tarkir"=wedge cards in a core set. The sets designed around low complexity game play for new players. The set we already have like 35+ commons spoiled from, none of which are multicolor.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Arena has taken a step closer to being real magic, they have best of 3s with sideboards in the constructed queues now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
WotC not letting FFG renew the Netrunner CCG Mechanics license, so they're having to cancel the game. Wonder if it's just to punch a competitor, or if they want to re-purpose Netrunner's mechanics now that they want to make new card games again.

• 1Like

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
From the weekly stream, Core 2019 set on Tarkir, spoiler season at the end of the month. Bunch of idjits on Reddit screaming "ERMAHGERD FETCH LANDS IN COOOOORE" despite Maro being crystal clear we ain't getting fetches in Standard ever again, and that they'll never be in whatever they make to replace modern eventually. Also, bunch of folks thinking "set on tarkir"=wedge cards in a core set. The sets designed around low complexity game play for new players. The set we already have like 35+ commons spoiled from, none of which are multicolor.

Wait, Maro The Great stated they won't reprint Fetches again? When did he say this?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait, Maro The Great stated they won't reprint Fetches again? When did he say this?
They will reprint them. Just in non standard product (Read: Masters). This can of course change, as with all things WotC does. Maro has a tumblr where he responds to player questions, and players ask about fetches basically continuously, since they're busted OP staple cards for every format you can play them in.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I watched about 30 secs of that guy and then I wanted him to get banned him from life. If another guy like unsleevedmedia or this guy got banned, fine, i don't care. Bunch of annoying assholes anyway.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

I watched about 30 secs of that guy and then I wanted him to get banned him from life. If another guy like unsleevedmedia or this guy got banned, fine, i don't care. Bunch of annoying assholes anyway.

Yea seen a video a while ago of that Purp guy and wish he de-sleeve from life. But looked at the channel he was talking about since it was in the description and dude only got banned it seems because of his youtube name being "Magic Aids" which has been around over a year. That is pretty fucked imo.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Should mean Flip-Walker Ugin too. I love the stupid "spark" gimmick of these flip walkers.

Sterling

El Presidente
There was a time when a 4/4 flying Ravenous Rat for 4 would have been considered bananas by itself! Midrange creatures have changed an awful lot over the years.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The fact that he's difficult to trade evenly with is positive. It'll be a feel bad to burn 7 mana trying to flip him and get nowhere due to removal, but if you can land him he should take over quick.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
With Vaevictis being shown, seems pretty likely we get the full cycle of Elders, which is rad. It's been kinda fucked up that EDH has sped up/focused up to the point where the old Elder Dragons are unplayable in a format named after them, so I welcome some updates with modern design.

I hope Chromium is a vehicle.

Vaevictis is going to be really fun to play. The times you get blown out by your own trigger are going to be rare, but hilarious.

Sterling

El Presidente
The fact that he's difficult to trade evenly with is positive. It'll be a feel bad to burn 7 mana trying to flip him and get nowhere due to removal, but if you can land him he should take over quick.
Trying to flip him against open mana is very risky, but I'd imagine there will be plenty of times you just do the whole 11 all at once which will be quite a feel good moment.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Crucible upshift to mythic is just more cuntery by wotc, but even at mythic it should still cripple the price of that stupid card.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seeing how interesting/ability-laden the other two Elders previewed were makes Palladia look rather bland.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Interesting that they've only got one Double-Faced Card in the set. They've always said printing DFCs was a very complicated and involving thing, so I guess they've fixed that? Either that or Commander 2018 has double-sided planeswalkers and Nicol Bolas filled slot #5 on the sheet before getting sorted over to the Core booster line :D

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Ugin is the only other one I can think of maybe getting a double-faced card. Beyond that, have no idea who else could get one.