MTG thread

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Interesting that they've only got one Double-Faced Card in the set. They've always said printing DFCs was a very complicated and involving thing, so I guess they've fixed that? Either that or Commander 2018 has double-sided planeswalkers and Nicol Bolas filled slot #5 on the sheet before getting sorted over to the Core booster line :D

Supposedly their new collation process that they used to insert a legend in to every dominaria pack fixes what make double sided cards so difficult.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, in before PUBG sues MTG.

FryingPan.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
vintage cube is a lot of fun

i got a deck with lotus, a good bunch of signets and other mana artifact, and some pay off articacts like sundering titan, along with tinker and mystical tutor

this resulted in a 1-2 score

pretty much every timmy deck i draft goes 2-1

them craw wurms

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
“Previous shooter games did not include the use of a frying pan… the imaginative treatment of a frying pan as a melee weapon is made even more remarkable by its further treatment as armor against shots to the butt of a character.”

Hey, no stealing our frying pan melee weapon that we nicked from pro wrestling that nicked it from the Three Stooges.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Are you the one who made the same comment about corrosive ooze?
Nope. Oozes have destroyed artifacts in Magic longer than they have in Hearthstone. And in D&D longer than they have in Magic.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else feel like dominaria into a core set feels a bit boring? Like, DOM was good, but it felt like a powered up core set, at least in draft. I feel like they should have put something between them.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ugin is the only other one I can think of maybe getting a double-faced card. Beyond that, have no idea who else could get one.
Ugin isn't getting a card at all because they put the retarded twin plotline in at the last minute.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else feel like dominaria into a core set feels a bit boring? Like, DOM was good, but it felt like a powered up core set, at least in draft. I feel like they should have put something between them.
Sometimes you gotta go
62.jpg
to get your brand identity back on track.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Ugin isn't getting a card at all because they put the retarded twin plotline in at the last minute.
I don't think it's a last minute thing at all. People were giving them crap for making him look like Nicol Bolas years ago, when his planeswalker card came out. His horns are almost identical. I think they had planned it for years, but didn't give any hints to us.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I mean.. ugin.jpgbolas.jpg

If those don't look like they could be twins, or at least brothers, to you.. It looks like the same dragon, color shifted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I am thoroughly enjoying my day full of pointing and laughing at all the fucking MTG finance experts that drove the price of SFM up to near 60$ thinking it would get unbanned.

Sterling

El Presidente
Legacy bannings are interesting. Probe is a dumb card and Phyrexian mana in general was a terrible mechanic. Deathrite is an interesting choice and reduces incidental graveyard hate quite a lot.