MTG thread

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched tell 2 min mark then in noticed the title said 1 of 6 at the top of the screen and I noped the fuck out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Welp Netflix is making a MTG animated show run by the Russo's. Should be interesting, but I am unsure if this will be popular outside of Magic nerds. Hell I don't know shit about the story and personally don't care much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Welp Netflix is making a MTG animated show run by the Russo's. Should be interesting, but I am unsure if this will be popular outside of Magic nerds. Hell I don't know shit about the story and personally don't care much.
The world building is excellent but the story has been written by low quality SJW writers for a good few years.

There's frequent weird stories told in first person perspective by retarded characters, trans and gender neutral characters, identical events being described totally differently by different authors (Jace landing on Weatherlight), and entire set's story was reduced to "it was an illusion" (final Ixalan set) because they cut the story team and an entire sets story is missing (Ravnica 3) because of author issues which made the set after totally confusing when it's story came out on time and events from the missing story were referenced (eg Niv Mizzet death).

• 2Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
With the release of Core Set 2020, we'll be introducing a new mulligan system for all competitive Magicformats. This new mulligan was tested at Mythic Championship II in London as well as on Magic Online and will work as follows:

103.4. Each player draws a number of cards equal to their starting hand size, which is normally seven. (Some effects can modify a player's starting hand size.) A player who is dissatisfied with their initial hand may take a mulligan. First, the starting player declares whether they will take a mulligan. Then each other player in turn order does the same. Once each player has made a declaration, all players who decided to take mulligans do so at the same time. To take a mulligan, a player shuffles the cards in their hand back into their library, draws a new hand of cards equal to their starting hand size, then puts a number of those cards equal to the number of times that player has taken a mulligan on the bottom of their library in any order. Once a player chooses not to take a mulligan, the remaining cards become that player's opening hand, and that player may not take any further mulligans. This process is then repeated until no player takes a mulligan. A player can take mulligans until their opening hand would be zero cards.

• 2Picard

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Well, you put X cards from your hand on the bottom of library, X being how many times you mulligan'd. If you mulligan once, you'll still have 6 cards when the game starts, you just look at 7 before ditching one.

People were afraid it'd break older formats, but it wasn't too bad for modern. It's obviously great for standard/limited, so I'm happy for it. Legacy and Vintage are already 'broken' formats, so who cares.

Sterling

El Presidente
Combo decks getting a small bump in power in old formats will just change the meta slightly and when people start packing an extra 1 or 2 sideboard cards for those matchups it evens back out. Plus at some point they have to choose what they care about and obviously they're going to pick Limited/Standard over eternal formats since that's what drive's pack/box sales.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, you put X cards from your hand on the bottom of library, X being how many times you mulligan'd. If you mulligan once, you'll still have 6 cards when the game starts, you just look at 7 before ditching one.

People were afraid it'd break older formats, but it wasn't too bad for modern. It's obviously great for standard/limited, so I'm happy for it. Legacy and Vintage are already 'broken' formats, so who cares.

Well yea, should've said Fateseal X from hand - didn't clarify the loss of hand size. The drawing 7 then putting away bit will be odd to get used to, and yea, definitely looks like fishing for what you want will be easier that way.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if someone's going to find a way to break the fact that you're setting the order (within the shrinking hand size limits of each {set} of cards) of up to 28 cards.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You shuffle each time you draw a new hand. The most you can order your bottom is 7 on a mull to 0.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ahh, missed the shuffle bit. looks like its only abusable for those "I want my last card to be X" combo decks and that's only when they would otherwise have that in hand.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
ahh, missed the shuffle bit. looks like its only abusable for those "I want my last card to be X" combo decks and that's only when they would otherwise have that in hand.

yes suddenly all these style decks become like X% more consistant

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
david-and-emma.JPG

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Cracked my box, third of the rares were reprints I already had a pile of from playing back in inv/odyssey/onslaught standard seasons. 4 mythics, one being the terrible snake and another being the terrible mox. This is why we buy singles :D

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
A couple of cards for my commander shit, otherwise, meh. The land cycle doesn’t excite me at all since I don’t play modern.