MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I bought a couple boxes because there were enough long term wins in the rare slot to justify it. The lands will all hold value and I'd need sets anyway, so I figured why not.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was down out of state and managed to find a small shop that was just selling single packs today so I had my own pre-release party by myself with 6 packs. Whiffed on all of them except the white fake cyc rift.

Fiancé texts me with his packs. Fucker gets a foil Serra, the Heliods Hall I wanted and two pain lands from his 6 packs. Oh well. Picked up a box for him for his birthday as well, so I guess we’ll see what we crack from that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After watching the Battlebond land prices when it came out, I think I'm going to grab my sets of the new fetch and horizon lands earlier than I normally would.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Set's pretty fun to draft. B/R sacrifice is the kind of deck that really capitalizes on opponents not being super familiar with interactions yet.

Non-Magic card stuff: Kinda weird that Bandai's making a Universal Rules System for card games.... but then not making the games compatible with each other

Not having the option to burn Naruto to death with Godzilla's nuclear hellfire is a definite miss. They even named the system "Chrono-Clash", which you would assume means you'd have folks from different times/places/genres fucking each other up.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
After watching the Battlebond land prices when it came out, I think I'm going to grab my sets of the new fetch and horizon lands earlier than I normally would.

Some of em are already low, like the w/b land. I think people are underestimating MH because nothing spawns a brand new deck archetype, but there's a whole bunch of incrementally good cards for several decks. The lands are going to see use for a very long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
qjmlchnpwtmgq2tjzfus.png
vyup8b7wrzbfuqtyroyv.png
eszduz0ti2qs8tzlfsfa.png

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, just Chandra, the other 4 Walkers will be Mythic. Chandra is the tip of their new media spear.

• 1Barf

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't tend to like playing red, but that Mythic Chandra may just force my hand... that +2 is insane.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
And yeah... that Mythic Chandra is insane. Particularly it's +2 and Cannot be Countered. Wow.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Worth investing in some packs of MH or just get singles?

Expected average value of a booster box indicates a profit on average when flipping a box, but as always there's enough variability that it's a gamble.

• 1Like