MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I bought a couple boxes because there were enough long term wins in the rare slot to justify it. The lands will all hold value and I'd need sets anyway, so I figured why not.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Was down out of state and managed to find a small shop that was just selling single packs today so I had my own pre-release party by myself with 6 packs. Whiffed on all of them except the white fake cyc rift.

Fiancé texts me with his packs. Fucker gets a foil Serra, the Heliods Hall I wanted and two pain lands from his 6 packs. Oh well. Picked up a box for him for his birthday as well, so I guess we’ll see what we crack from that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After watching the Battlebond land prices when it came out, I think I'm going to grab my sets of the new fetch and horizon lands earlier than I normally would.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Set's pretty fun to draft. B/R sacrifice is the kind of deck that really capitalizes on opponents not being super familiar with interactions yet.

Non-Magic card stuff: Kinda weird that Bandai's making a Universal Rules System for card games.... but then not making the games compatible with each other

Not having the option to burn Naruto to death with Godzilla's nuclear hellfire is a definite miss. They even named the system "Chrono-Clash", which you would assume means you'd have folks from different times/places/genres fucking each other up.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
After watching the Battlebond land prices when it came out, I think I'm going to grab my sets of the new fetch and horizon lands earlier than I normally would.

Some of em are already low, like the w/b land. I think people are underestimating MH because nothing spawns a brand new deck archetype, but there's a whole bunch of incrementally good cards for several decks. The lands are going to see use for a very long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
qjmlchnpwtmgq2tjzfus.png
vyup8b7wrzbfuqtyroyv.png
eszduz0ti2qs8tzlfsfa.png

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, just Chandra, the other 4 Walkers will be Mythic. Chandra is the tip of their new media spear.

• 1Barf

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't tend to like playing red, but that Mythic Chandra may just force my hand... that +2 is insane.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
And yeah... that Mythic Chandra is insane. Particularly it's +2 and Cannot be Countered. Wow.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Worth investing in some packs of MH or just get singles?

Expected average value of a booster box indicates a profit on average when flipping a box, but as always there's enough variability that it's a gamble.

• 1Like