MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's +EV to wear these to GPs and strike your opponents with tilting levels of revulsion.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We had a hoor who did that in Legend of the Five Rings tournaments at conventions when I was a kid, didn't realize it was what she was doing until I was older and looked back on it. 9-10 year old me just ignoring her and taking provinces while she was spilling out of her get-up.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20190822-235035.png

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Announcement Date: August 26, 2019

Standard:

Rampaging Ferocidon is unbanned.

Modern:

Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis banned.
Faithless Looting is banned.
Stoneforge Mystic is unbanned.

Vintage:

Karn, the Great Creator is restricted.
Mystic Forge is restricted.
Mental Misstep is restricted.
Golgari Grave-Troll is restricted.
Fastbond is unrestricted.

Effective Date: August 30, 2019

Magic OnlineEffective Date: August 26, 2019 at 12 p.m. PT

MTG Arena Effective Date: September 4, 2019

REEEEEEEEEEE FAITHLESS LOOTING BAAANNNNNNNN.

I fucking love Phoenix no way it's good with out my loots.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looting Ban is going to change the shape of the format a lot. Doubt it becomes a 4 turn format again tho, so lol Stoneforge Mystic.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well knew Stoneforge would get unbanned at some point. Amazed faithless going banned, since it what let a lot of decks on the spectrum even be a viable deck.

Rampaging Ferocidon unbanned is fucking dumb lol because of how much time it has left. But it does fuck with scapeshift a bit and help dinos.

I've been out of the loop for vintage so don't know the why on the restrictions but I can see what Karn and the Forge would get it.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean dredge and shops are generally the best decks in vintage so it makes sense. faithless looting is close to ancestral recall with flashback in the decks that want it so i'm sort of surprised it took this long. I get that it's not just powerlevel though, sometimes you keep busted shit around because it enables archetypes that you want. Stoneforge might see some play but if that's the powerful shit you're doing nobody is going to give a shit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i kind of figured they'd try banning some of the side pieces before going straight for Hogaak.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would play Modern again if my Nahiri Emrakul deck or some other similar Jeskai midrange control deck was good again.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I would play Modern again if my Nahiri Emrakul deck or some other similar Jeskai midrange control deck was good again.

Well you better start shopping for some new sleeves, Because with the looting ban and Stoneforge being unbanned no way Jeskai doesnt come back hard.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean the format is still going to have many very fast decks, there just won't be as many graveyard decks. Dredge is still a deck though and if less people play GY hate it'll be a thing.