MTG thread

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
God damn, $545? And you don't even get this art? Bleh.

Imagshx.jpg

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I roll with 1996 arena lands. They look nice, are obscure enough that they're not very commonly seen and 4-10 dollars so reasonably pimp but not out of control. I had bought a collection that had about 150 guru lands though, it took us awhile to sell them all, but it eventually happened.

I've been tempted a few times to pick up some NFC 96 arena lands but always talk myself out of it.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Taking a break from Arena, but watching streamers on YouTube, not sure if this IS an Arena issue or an overall MTG issue:

But goddamn it seems like there are so many fucking ways to cheese powerful creatures onto the battlefield, ESPECIALLY Agent of Treachery.

Idk what the fuck Wizards was thinking designing so many cards that get stuff on the battlefield for a noticeable reduction in cost while Agent is in rotation

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
And yet playing Mythic ladder you run into Agent of Treachery maybe once every 20 or 30 matches. Having wild nut draws isn't what wins consistantly.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
What is shitty is they added smoothing back to BO1 player draft, and with cycling you can run 11 lands no problems.

That and brawl ends up just being pretty much the same 4 commanders most of the time Winota, Bolas, Niv-Mizzet, and Nissa. Boring as fuck, can't play any of my fun commanders, just have to stomp with my t3feri.

Last edited:

Rime

<Donor>
Between Companions and Agent of Treachery cheats, I might be done for a while.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Well, since Amazon has now limited buying to 2 blisters per account, thought I'd mention if you want to pick up some cheap Battlebond, I would do so:

I know the reviews are bad, but I think it's people who didn't buy from Amazon directly, or people trying to scare other buyers away. I'm not going to mention how much I've dumped into this over the last year (no, that number in your head? even more than that) but it's legit. My last purchase of 2 of these (so 12 packs) netted me Doubling Season, Bramble Sovereign, Spellseeker, Morphic Pool, and Sea of Clouds. Mind you that's a better than average pull, but I've never had a bad pull. Ain't going to tout numbers, but I've never lost a dime buying these. YMMV but if you're looking for cheap legit Battlebond, there ya go.
Welp, bought 2 blisters. Pulled a foil Mycosynth Lattice so I guess that paid for it all.

• 1Weird Boner

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had my fiance buy 2 more for me. Pulled another Doubling Season, plus a Seedborn Muse, Diabolic Intent, etc. Several rare foils too, always a bonus.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
View attachment 265160
Summer Magic Island. Current high bid is 545 dollars. Good times.

If that is yours I'd be willing to pay well over 545 for it.

You'd have to ship to Europe.

There is one for sale and its a friend of mine: Island (V.2) (SUM) - MTG Singles | Cardmarket

Pro tip: cards that are low supply in Europe (tabernacle like I predicted a few years ago) and get played, skyrocket.

Anyway, 650$ including insured mailing with T&T, lmk.

Sterling Sterling yes? maybe?

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
If that is yours I'd be willing to pay well over 545 for it.

You'd have to ship to Europe.

There is one for sale and its a friend of mine: Island (V.2) (SUM) - MTG Singles | Cardmarket

Pro tip: cards that are low supply in Europe (tabernacle like I predicted a few years ago) and get played, skyrocket.

Anyway, 650$ including insured mailing with T&T, lmk.

Sterling Sterling yes? maybe?
Not mine. I own like no playable Summer Magic cards anymore. Kind of wish I had hung onto them, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Not mine. I own like no playable Summer Magic cards anymore. Kind of wish I had hung onto them, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Aww. Too bad.

I live in Belgium, where the summer / edgar edition got printed.

I was 13 when a blue hurricane was on sale locally for € 25.

Back then it was a ridiculous price, I got a playset of serra angels for the same price.

Vinen

God is dead
Aww. Too bad.

Back then it was a ridiculous price, I got a playset of serra angels for the same price.

OOOOOF. That beats my Unlimited Black Lotus I sold.

I had sealed stronghold boxes. One of them was questionable. Son just pulled 2 of these from 1 box (only 1 pictured).... I let him open the packs :)
20200424_190141.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
Aww. Too bad.

Everyone has the good and the bad sales/trades looking back 25 years ago. Trading a Wrath of God and a Force of Nature for a Mox Pearl was good. Selling a playset of Mishra's Workshops for like 90 dollars not as much.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Everyone has the good and the bad sales/trades looking back 25 years ago. Trading a Wrath of God and a Force of Nature for a Mox Pearl was good. Selling a playset of Mishra's Workshops for like 90 dollars not as much.

Shit was a lot cheaper in Europe back then. Carta mundi was printing in Belgium, any US supply had to be transported.

Vinen

God is dead

Waaaaaaaaah. my playset of Moxes and Lotus (Ihad 4x of all unlimited)....
I think I sold for 100 per mox and 300 per lotus.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
My very first trade ever, on the day of discovering that Magic game that everyone seemed to be excited about in Paris. Game store was out of starters, didn't had any rulebook or stuff, just a vague idea. And only a couple boosters ("no more than 5 per person, please"). So I traded this volcanic island card for a moutain AND an island, because more land was better to have a playable deck.

(the other guy absolutely managed to keep his cool. He was probably melting inside)

• 1Worf

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A freshly opened unlimited black lotus for a couple craw worms. Do I irrationally love monogreen stompy because of that? or is it the other way around. Did some nanessent monogreen love cause it?

• 1Like