MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rerun

Molten Core Raider

Wizards will not commission art from Terese Nielsen anymore and will not reprint her art after this year. 2Woke4Me

I preordered a box of jumpstart, but I think it’s my last new product. I don’t know if I agree with Terese on everything, but firing someone because they are conservative needs to be the line where conservatives stop supporting companies.

Edit: If you want to support Terese here is her online store:

• 3Rustled
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If there's one thing I can thank teacher-training for, it was making sure I never had a social media account attached to my identity. Seems like the only reason to have twitter at this point is to enable other people to get you fired.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Glorious!

SupBruv.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't help but feel they are using the term incorrectly, every time I see it. They are swimming against 25 years of history and I don't know why.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
The first time a mechanic/keyword appears, it almost always has reminder text if there's room. Stuff like Menace and Lifelink used to have it, but now they just say Menace/Lifelink, Mill will be like that in the future.

Plus Jumpstart is supposed to be more accessible like core sets, right? Even hybrid mana has reminder text.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Well, get your Noah Bradley cards while you can; he just apologized for being a sexual predator at events. Chances that WotC will cut him loose, too?

I’m sorry.

l was terrible to women.

I preyed on them. I ceaselessly hit on them. I pressured them into sex. I got too drunk and did all manner of dumb things. Yes, I was one of those shitty, creepy sexual predators you hear about.

I was fucking awful.

I am deeply sorry for everything I did. I apologize for the selfish, cruel, insensitive way I acted. It's no way for anyone to act. I'm so sorry.

Women deserve better than selfish assholes like I was at those industry events. Everyone there deserves respect. They should be professional environments. They should be safe environments. I violated that. time and time again.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry to everyone I hurt. I'm sorry to everyone I let down, I'm sorry to everyone.

I want to thank the peers and friends who called me out for my bad behavior. Without people doing what you do, this sort of behavior would never even be acknowledged, much less changed. We need more people like you who are brave enough to stand up for what's right.

I was selfish and scared and delayed a public apology for far too long. Private apologies are not enough in a situation like this. So here we are. finally. I wish that I could educate my younger self and snap him out of his self-centered hot-shot ego-trip.

l want you to know that lacknowledge what happened, I am ashamed, and I want to find ways to repair as much damage as is possible. I will keep putting in the work I will not run. and I will sit with my shame and not turn away from it.

I’m sorry,

Noah

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A fine arts person being a sexual predator?!??!?! NO WAY!

• 2Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to think WOTC is smart enough to just cut their losses and ignore this, but they won't.

There are over 800 artists who've got published MTG cards. The chance of not finding any more "problematic" Tweets, FB posts, whatever, is near zero. How long before the purple-hairs want Nielson's cards banned? And then this guy's? And then the next person's? Will they do it? Normally I'd say no, but these are the same stupid fucks who are now hiring "sensitivity editors" for all new D&D books coming out.

And this at the same time they are pissing off portions of the player base with an endless glut of product, some insanely priced - $100 for a pack, anyone?

Dunno where all this shit is headed. Maybe nowhere, but /shrug

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
And like clockwork... Statement Regarding Noah Bradley

Admittedly, dude sounds like a trashy moron, but I'm so over this whole cancel culture shit I don't even care what they are actually guilty of anymore.

shouldn't our social betters be cancelling woody allen and roman polanski movies? all i hear from the left about problematic lefties is how you can "seperate the art from the artist" but the second it's a conservative it's just "fuck em"

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, Mill update is out, and they updated Grindstone to work with mill-doublers (just Bruvac for now, but you know they'll expand that shit over time) in the good way, not the pussy-shit way. If any 2 cards milled by grindstone share a color, repeat. Folks were pretty convinced it'd say "if ALL cards milled in this way..."

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Twitch Thot arena streamer booted out of the Magic Content Creator program for advertising her OnlyFans on her streamer account. Simps rally to defend her. Same people who complain about boob armor/sexualized-art in game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Twitch Thot arena streamer booted out of the Magic Content Creator program for advertising her OnlyFans on her streamer account. Simps rally to defend her. Same people who complain about boob armor/sexualized-art in game.
I watched a decent amount of magic streams and i've never heard of that chick. Some people's kids.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

8EB9C2C7-CC3A-4783-BE5D-62F177FD643E.png

• 2Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My plan this year of buying one single pack from each expansion and otherwise only buy singles has still been working out. Pulled an alternate art Grim Tutor out of my one Core 2021 pack.

• 2Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The fuck is the point of paper cards though? Not like any game stores are gonna survive the rona, much less have people be willing to go sit in a sweaty nerd room to play.

MTG events were already grody as fuck and now they are potentially even deadly? Ain't no one gonna turn out for those.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like