MTG thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Walkers are zombie type creatures obv

So she comes with two fancy tokens then right.

There's no way this clunky design is worth the card not just making zombie tokens but instead making walker tokens that are creature type zombie.

edit -

They aren't since it isn't mentioned.

Specific tokens always mention their creature type, color, ..

Oh, you can bet they are.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So she comes with two fancy tokens then right.

There's no way this clunky design is worth the card not just making zombie tokens but instead making walker tokens that are creature type zombie.

P/T and color of the tokens is also missing

its basically either complete and utter shit design, or an obvious fake

since its 2020, pretty hard to say which it is

if i still gave a shit I'd make a 99/99 texas walker token

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm sticking with all the extra rules text is on the tokens themselves that come with her so the walking dead flavor came through a little better.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I'm sticking with all the extra rules text is on the tokens themselves that come with her so the walking dead flavor came through a little better.

ah yes, this is an easy way to "use legit tokens or your deck isn't tournament legal", which can then lead to 40$ rares and 20$ tokens in standard

notice the large contrast with:

1601312789697.png

which has an official token, but still has all the token abilities listed on the main card

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That would be surprising. Not to say that WotC can't simply shuck all their design principles out of the gate, but all cards always explain themselves. As someone remarked, cards always explain themselves fully within the framework of the rules. Every "create token" explains all of the token characteristics. And you are supposed to be able to play without card-format tokens.

But I guess that the power of cross-over promotion money can override any common sense.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
That hasn't been the case since Treasures.

The rules for a treasure are in the ruleset;

From the Comprehensive Rules (September 25, 2020—Zendikar Rising)

• 111.10.Some effects instruct a player to create a predefined token. These effects use the definition below to determine the characteristics the token is created with. The effect that creates a predefined token may also modify or add to the predefined characteristics.
    • 111.10a A Treasure token is a colorless Treasure artifact token with “{T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.”
    • 111.10b A Food token is a colorless Food artifact token with “{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.”
    • 111.10c A Gold token is a colorless Gold artifact token with “Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color.”

This is because treasure is a generic token, like the other two listed.

So, will 'walker' become a generic token, or is it inconsistency? Again, hard to say.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I don't even know what this argument is. You get they sometimes just do whatever they want with cards right?

There are hundreds of promo cards. They all have full info on them.

Full art cards are the exception, since well .. full art.

They don't "do whatever". All that shit is strictly defined and they stick to it, for example the evolution of the card frame has taken years, while completely insignificant to the lay-out of cards.

2bwfxqa413631.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There are hundreds of promo cards. They all have full info on them.

Full art cards are the exception, since well .. full art.

They don't "do whatever".

"Full art cards aren't promos" is some really fucking granular thinking.

Ukerric said cards always explain themselves fully within the framework of the rules. They don't. We're already in the "they made Negan a Magic card territory" and you think it's just not possible that we get some shitty wording?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
We're already in the "they made Negan a Magic card territory" and you think it's just not possible that we get some shitty wording?

Full art cards are the only exception on "cards have all their properties listed on them".

Along with treasure / food / gold as per earlier post.

This means that a card which isn't full art or a generic token, would have to have all the properties listed. Since that card doesn't, its either fake or something they got approved.

I haven't seen badly worded cards printed in recent years.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Right, so I'm sticking with all the extra rules text is on the tokens themselves that come with her so the walking dead flavor came through a little better.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Right, so I'm sticking with all the extra rules text is on the tokens themselves that come with her so the walking dead flavor came through a little better.

If that is the case, tournaments will soon require official tokens in order for a deck to be legal.

You can't have a main card not describe token properties, while allowing proxy tokens in competitive play.

Trust me, you know a lot less cards then you think. I've played all chinese language decks, its a bitch to face cards which you can't read.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You fucking nerds are putting more effort in to this than wotc did.

The answer is it doesn't matter because they don't give a fuck, so why do you.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users