MTG thread

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
8fc.jpg

This seems like a very conservative representation of the current community.

I mean I live in a mid-sized city in western europe, and we had a tranny 7 years ago.

long, dirty hair, unshaven legs with short skirt and pink socks

I blame a lack of muslim youths

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I got offered € 17k for my collection today.

This based on about 300-340 cards which are the core / most expensive part of my legacy collection, potential buyer stated 17k is 75% of cardmarket.com value.

On top of that I have a hilarious amount of "bulk", (opened 20+ boxes of modern masters, still have all the uncommons / commons) along with some stuff like 5 sealed FTV:20. This was given no value, only glanced at.

The way I see it this has me paying over 5.5k for the sale of 340 cards, many of which are playsets and all of them popular/liquid.

I think I should aim for 19.5k, which would still offer him a € 10 profit for listing & selling each card, at the lowest cardmarket price.

Thoughts on this would be appreciated. I can't/don't want to sell them individually.

If you can't/don't want to sell them individually, then take the offer, or try getting a better quote from another buyer.

Most buyers work on percentage margins, not per card. No way would any serious buyer pick up a card at 390 hoping to flip it for 400. They are usually buying at that 75% margin and selling at 85%.

Note: even though it may be "liquid" there is still time and effort involved on whoever actually sells it and most platforms also take a cut. He will probably come closer to breaking even on the bigger stuff than you think and where he eventually turns a profit will be from all the smaller stuff not counted in the quote or picked out of the bulk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vinen

God is dead
Holy shit. My case of Zendikar collectors I paid 205 a box for shipped actually showed up. Totally expected it to be cancelled. Bought it on ebay the day before fetchlands were confirmed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Now go look at the prices of those expedition fetches lol.

We're in full 90s baseball card territory now - when everything is special then nothing is.

• 1Solidarity

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The true bling is Cards Printed On Cardstock That Didn't Suck.

I'm even starting to feel less innate revulsion at old white-bordered cards.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Magic is a fun game but it turns out it's more fun when you don't have to worry about your cards getting stolen, smelling your opponents, or coming home with the flu.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They are buy-a-box for normal "draft" boxes, and can also come from collectors packs and I think rarely the "set" boosters?

Fuck if I know though, I can't keep track of all the nonsense new shit they keep making.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The non-Foil Expeditions only come in little "boxtopper" packs that come in Set and Draft Booster boxes at 1x inside the box, or in Collector's Boxes at 2x boxtopper packs.

Collector's packs have a 1in6/1in12 (depending on whether you listen to wizards or people who've opened them) chance to have a Foil Expedition.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The true bling is Cards Printed On Cardstock That Didn't Suck.

I'm even starting to feel less innate revulsion at old white-bordered cards.

I opened a pack from a commander set, and left the others closed, just put it away.

Few years later one of the plastic packs has torn because the cards inside curl that much.

Can't even leave that kind of shit sealed unless you put phonebooks on it or something. Who the fuck still has those, anyway.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I opened a pack from a commander set, and left the others closed, just put it away.

Few years later one of the plastic packs has torn because the cards inside curl that much.

Can't even leave that kind of shit sealed unless you put phonebooks on it or something. Who the fuck still has those, anyway.
I used old hard drives to keep my decks and stacks of foils from curling.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
They're putting never been printed before legacy legal cards in secret lair now.

• 2Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep, which they told us they could do when they announced Secret Lair.

They comin for yo booty.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Who else is old enough to remember the Dragon Ball Z card game that died a crib death because they printed a Burger King promo card with value meals that instantly broke the game and created an unbeatable deck?

Cause I remember that.