MTG thread

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
funny cause it's probably the best received set in like 3 years

Yea I'm squarely in the minority on this one heh, but jesus it just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

HURR DURR YOU CAN MAKE VOLTRON IN MAGIC

Last edited:

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
On the plus side, every time you stifle the Voltron guy in response you get to watch their spirit crush under the weight of your five for one

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
funny cause it's probably the best received set in like 3 years
Every set since Eldraine has been really good.

Eldraine looked cool at first but got out of control so fast.

I haven't really played much for Kamigawa aside from a couple drafts, been working and playing console games. And oh yeah the nearly 2 weeks of my life that I lost to building a new PC and it behaving peculiarly and driving me nuts, then having a brand new SSD die on the second day loooooooool...

Bad luck with computers lately.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
1648775977791.png

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, organized play announcements yesterday. Pro Tour is back, relatively straightforward feeder structure.

Win local qualifier, go to Regionals. Top 8 Regionals, go to Pro Tour.

Win regionals or pro tour, go to Worlds.

There's some back end fractional Invites based on consistently placing well in regional+ events.

Three Pro Tours+Qualifier seasons a year. Local qualifiers are whatever format the TO wants, regionals are Pioneer this year

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't play any formats with a legal Dark Ritual. Do Modern or older have enough good removal that this combo isn't viable even with Dark Ritual? I assumed so anyway, from the little I know. Still a bonkers combo if you did manage to untap with it on turn 2 tho. 😳 especially cause then you can use Sorin's +1 and get a 7/7 Lifeline swing in on top of all the text on him.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Legacy is the only place you could use dark ritual to fuel that combo, and it's woefully underpowered for that format.

Vampires is like a C-tier fringe deck in modern though so I'm sure people will at least try cheating him in to play there, but I doubt it's good enough to elevate it beyond meme-tier really.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Are there enough players who care about this shit? I don't know a single person who could name anyone ever part of pro MTG other than a few players who turned into memes. First and last time I pulled my DCI number out was a million years ago for the Champions of Kamigawa pre-release. Otherwise myself and friends just enjoyed local non-feeder tournaments. Kept the tryhard asshole ratio lower.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Now that SL superdrops seem almost monthly... Secret Lair | Official Online Store

Of note, Concordant Crossroads is seeing a reprint. And I thought this was pretty interesting. Currently quite a value, though of course numbers will tank to some extent.

shittyshit.PNG

Though as much as some of the original '94 art wasn't really my taste, I'd gladly go back to that than this cartoon shit.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Some real fuckin' stinkers in this drop. Those fucking check lands...jesus fucking christ. And of course you have people on Reddit jerking them off for being stunning and amazing and anyone who disagrees just doesn't appreciate art or has never been to an art museum. Who the fuck would go to a museum with this modern bullshit in it? Villeneuve art is legit, though, but weird card choices. I'd love a big ass stack of those forests, but again, why the fuck do they not sell a usable fucking set of basics when they do this shit? What the fuck am I going to do with just 1? Guess I'll just proxy my own!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Secret Lair Dwarves appeals to me
At first I read this as "Secret Lair Dwarf Fortress" and giggled because it would be funny in a meme sense to see Magic cards with 100% ASCII art. Then I realized my mistake and got sad because WOTC will do it for real and fuck up the delicacy it would demand.

• 1Like