MTG thread

Chris

Potato del Grande
At first I read this as "Secret Lair Dwarf Fortress" and giggled because it would be funny in a meme sense to see Magic cards with 100% ASCII art. Then I realized my mistake and got sad because WOTC will do it for real and fuck up the delicacy it would demand.
ASCII text as well please!

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So this is the normal card you'll find in booster packs.

galagreeters.PNG

These are the box toppers you'll find in all the various language boxes.

galagreeters1.PNG

galagreeters2.PNG

As one of those nerds who collects elves, I have extremely mixed feelings about this. Both because these don't look like elves, and I'm not into foreign cards. But... most of them look pretty decent.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So this is the normal card you'll find in booster packs.

View attachment 407238

These are the box toppers you'll find in all the various language boxes.

View attachment 407239
View attachment 407240

As one of those nerds who collects elves, I have extremely mixed feelings about this. Both because these don't look like elves, and I'm not into foreign cards. But... most of them look pretty decent.
Why..? I can't play MTG again, I can't stand this shit.

OneofOne

Why..? I can't play MTG again, I can't stand this shit.

Then you REALLY don't want to see all the different card treatments this set. Even after browsing the WOTC article on it, I still don't know how many there are, other than "a lot".

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Luxior-Giadas-Gift-Streets-of-New-Capenna-Spoiler.png

I feel like there is some unforseen combo with this card that's going to be broken.

Yeah it makes your Walker susceptible to creature based removal, but if you have instant speed cards in your hand that will end up unattaching it from your Walker (destroy it or return it to your hand or blink or whatever) you can dodge removal that way.

OneofOne

The pisser is that it's one of the foils I need and haven't picked up yet, and it's skyrocketed. Hoping it goes back down in a bit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Streets of New Capenna is like a 6/10 for flavor/concept but a 10/10 for cards and mechanics. It's basically Shards of Ravnica.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yes, that's the best common ever. Maybe they felt green needed something good in pauper lol.

Commons have been wild lately in general. That stupid mini siege rhino vampire in the DnD set was better than almost every rare/mythic lol.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How the fuck is this a common?

View attachment 407802
Saw MaRo talk awhile back about how they're trying to slip in a few OP commons, as incentive to really learn a set before drafting or something like that. Which doesn't make sense now that I say it, but I can't remember what a better reason would have been.

Then also they've been consistently making Green overpowered every set for awhile now.