MTG thread

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Streetfighter mechanically unique cards got leaked, and while I hate that they exist, they really went hard on flavor.

anything unique now gets put into set boosters 6 months later with a magic name/art

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
How much money in basic lands is wizards making out of this, astrology and synthwave

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How much money in basic lands is wizards making out of this, astrology and synthwave
A lot, probably.

WotC has become insanely profitable, completely dwarfing the rest of Hasbro.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Some nice art in some of these Kamigawa SLs. The hideaways are tempting, but I only ever use the green and maybe white one anyway, so hard to think of paying that much.

The new (real) Tron lands look nice, but I just can't see paying $6 a land. Same problem I had with the Dracula lands.

That new Elvish Spirit Guide though...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Slacker

View attachment 398882

Transcription:
E Honda, Sumo Champion 4WW
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 0/7
During your turn, everything deals damage with its toughness instead of power.
Whenever ~ Attacks, up to 100 target creatures get +0/+X where X is the # of cards in your hand until end of turn.

Ryu, World Warrior 2W
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 2/4
Training(Yep, the one from Crimson Vow)
4R, Untap, Discard a card: ~ Deals damage equal to its power to any target. If it deals excess damage to a creature, draw a card.

Ken, Burning Brawler 1RR
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 4/2
Prowess
{R/W}: First strike until end of turn
When ~ deals combat damage, you can cast an instant or sorcery from your hand with MV/CMC less than or equal to the amount of damage dealt

Blanka, Ferocious Friend 3RG
Legendary Creature - Human Beast Warrior 5/5
Haste
~ Has trample if you've cast 3 or more cards this turn
Whenever Blanka becomes the target of a spell, it gets +2/+2 until eot and deals 2 to each opponent

Chun-Li, Countless Kicks 1UW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier 3/3
Multikicker {U/W}
When ~ ETBs, exile up to X nonland cards from your graveyard, where X is the number of times ~ was kicked. Put a kick counter on each of them.
Whenever ~ attacks, you may copy each exiled card with a kick counter on it. You may cast the copies.

Dhalsim, Pliable Pacifist 2GW
Legendary Creature - Human Monk 1/3
Reach
~ Has hexproof unless attacking
whenever a creature with reach you control attacks, untap it and it can't be blocked by creatures with greater power this combat
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, draw a card

Guile is partially obscured, but:
Guile, Sonic Soldier 1WRU
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier 4/4
When ~ Etbs or attacks, add or remove a charge counter from him. When you remove a charge counter this way, choose one:
- ~ deals (?) damage to any target
- ~ gains (?) indestructible until end of turn

Zangief, the Red Cyclone 2BRG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior 7/ ?
Must be blocked if able.
On your turn, ~ is indestructible.
When ~ deals combat damage to a creature, if that creature was dealt excess combat damage this turn, that creatures controller sacrifices a nonland, noncreature permanent.
multikicker ftw

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
New Kamigawa set made me remember that I made some cards based off that anime Ninja Scroll

Tessai.png
Utsutsu Mujuro.png

• 1Dislike

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I've been sitting on it for a week now, wondering if i should just not open & try to resell later. Or do I have a card that could be worth more then reselling it..... Kra!

Attachments

• 20220221_172213.jpg
    20220221_172213.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 20220221_171422.jpg
    20220221_171422.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220221_171330.jpg
    20220221_171330.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 25

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Part 2: Worth a watch

Damn, he knows way too much about MTG bet he would suck a dick for black lotus, shit any of the power 9. GTFO with racism I am tired of hearing about it, shit, PC SHIT, OMG it is nauseating. But the crack 10x the weight as the powder was racist as fuck, Biden! Funny his son prefers hard and not soft. MTG is not racist! Sounds like Atkins wanted to party while MTG. Next set MTG : Cocaine :emoji_black_joker::emoji_ok_hand::ravvenn::emoji_smoking::emoji_ok_woman::emoji_cooking::emoji_cookie::emoji_broken_heart::emoji_black_joker::emoji_ok_woman:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
He's been doing science fiction and horror reviews for quite a long time now. His reviews are pretty good. I'm quite fond of his Star Trek Voyager series.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I literally just play Standard Brawl to do my quests and then play limited. Alchemy is kind of a trash fire if you ask me.
alchemy is utter trash.

Why would I ever want to spend money /gold on it? vs spending money on standard usable cards.

I don't want a divide between Online and physical, in terms of card mechanics. I want to see a live tournament and then be able to see digital tournament without the added layer of "Oh the digital is using alchemy rules...."

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So what is everyone here’s personal Golden Age of playing Magic, when was the game the most fun for you?

For me, it was Tempest and Urza blocks. Fun cards and combos, lots of people playing it in my high school and local card shops had tournies.

• 1Solidarity

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The Dark - Alliances. Back when I was regularly playing in local tournaments, and not just with friends. Memories of whomping people with Shanodin Dryads and Mountain Goats will never get old. Fear my Yavimaya Ants!

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
So what is everyone here’s personal Golden Age of playing Magic, when was the game the most fun for you?

For me, it was Tempest and Urza blocks. Fun cards and combos, lots of people playing it in my high school and local card shops had tournies.

I'd probably say the same era. It's when my friends and I were most active and successful on the PTQ circuit (such as it was). I especially enjoyed the absurd Type 1 combo decks of the time.

• 1Like