MTG thread

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Anyone have a clue if this is for sale anywhere?

I've been trying to find a copy of this for a while now and no luck, i've only ever seen 1 website even have a listing for it (out of stock)

asia pacific commander league promo card

g3r5lzlrfx_en.png

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I've been trying to find a copy of this for a while now and no luck, i've only ever seen 1 website even have a listing for it (out of stock)

g3r5lzlrfx_en.png

It's not out yet. It won't be until the new Commander set is released.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

g3r5lzlrfx_en.png

Those haven't happened yet I don't believe. The events for them should be this month some time.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This draft format is Mist-approved.

Haven't managed a 7-x yet! It's a tough one.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
25 secret lairs a year and cards out of packs still look like this

Hard not to be a doomer these days

20220504_132207.jpg

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Don't forget they apologized and said they would fix quality issues back during Ixalan lol

• 2Worf

OneofOne

Foils have always had issues. I've got a ton of old foil from Invasion block and even a bunch from Urza's Legacy.
I too have a ton of old foils, and they and modern pringles aren't even in the same ball park as far as issues.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea no difference at all between old foils and whatever they are doing to cards in current year :rolleyes:

20220505_004553.jpg

• 2Like

OneofOne

Shit that charm looks good compared to the Commander Legends and D&D foils. Only issue I know of with original foils is a bunch of them have that line across the foiling at the top of the card. And that's purely cosmetic as opposed to making the fucking card tournament illegal like pringles do. And frankly that line is so common, I'm not sure anyone cares - I don't.

Plus side with your pringle up there is when the paper contracts like that, you just need a little moisture and it'll flatten out. People buy packets for that shit, but all you need to do is put a wet paper towel in a tupperware container, and put your cards on a little plate on top of the paper towel, stick the lid on, check back every 45 minutes or so (really depends upon room temperature - the warmer it is the less time it takes). When they fold up they need moisture removed. In those hard plastic containers Ultra Pro makes, I use silica packs that I can nuke in the microwave to get the water out and reuse. (My foil collection is... large)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1651754774153.png

1651754800885.png

lol finally, all it took was some rares. Though the Pegasus is fucking garbage, literally worse than a common.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This is all I got, and I wouldn't compare them. Maybe I'm biased /shrug

View attachment 411092
I thought there was maybe some Legends cards that would prove me wrong, but I was pretty sure I remembered zero heterosexual orgies even back then. Thanks for doing my research for me. ;)

They're too woke and blinded by $$s to see that sexualizing same-gender relationships is going to do more damage to "the cause" in the long run. If this Secret Lair was just the rest of the cards minus Bearscape, I doubt there would be near as much controversy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's especially weird given how they've spent the last decade or more trying to sterilize all the art in the game to be as bland and non-offensive as possible. Can't put a single titty on a card anymore, or anything too violent, or any kind of adult themes, but suddenly it's gay whirlpoor orgy time and a bunch of seals all hork and clap.

Hell they made an entire prohibition/gangster era set with no cops, no guns, no booze, hell nothing happening is even "crime" because the plane is engineered this way to be the most milquetoast broadly acceptable thing imaginable.

Bring back Bliss and his love of wangs damnit

9047d292-8f5c-4a6b-b74e-c8dbf3e0ab24.jpg