MTG thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So, I took a while off from Arena, about 3 or 4 set releases or so. The D&D set was such a letdown I didn't play much into it.

I picked it back yesterday to play with a friend and had more then enough wilds to build the greet/white enchantment deck that's in the meta. As a green/white player, I built it before even knowing much about what it did, I just went that route because it's my preferred color combo.

Is this thing the new rogues/landfall deck (I always stopped against it because it took forever for people to resolve their stuff)? I played 14 games tonight trying to "kill 25 creatures" and only got 4 because I had people scooping on turn 2. At first, it was funny...but I need the damn daily. lol

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
So, I took a while off from Arena, about 3 or 4 set releases or so. The D&D set was such a letdown I didn't play much into it.

I picked it back yesterday to play with a friend and had more then enough wilds to build the greet/white enchantment deck that's in the meta. As a green/white player, I built it before even knowing much about what it did, I just went that route because it's my preferred color combo.

Is this thing the new rogues/landfall deck (I always stopped against it because it took forever for people to resolve their stuff)? I played 14 games tonight trying to "kill 25 creatures" and only got 4 because I had people scooping on turn 2. At first, it was funny...but I need the damn daily. lol
I make special decks to finish off dailies. Kill creatures? White/black. Play lands? Green. Cast spells? Just a bunch of bad aggro decks that are mono/duo colored.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hope lots of people buy sealed product so these are affordable as singles. Needed reprints and I'm a sucker for elves. Also, Chippy's art is 1000x better. New shit is a shame.

bloom.PNG

allosaurus.PNG

OneofOne

foglio.PNG

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised they are bringing back some old artists. Phil Foglio, Douglas Shuler, Pete Venters, and Ron Spears (rather surprised tbh after they fucked his sister). Wonder who else we might see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 417959

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised they are bringing back some old artists. Phil Foglio, Douglas Shuler, Pete Venters, and Ron Spears (rather surprised tbh after they fucked his sister). Wonder who else we might see.
1655816999729.png

There's an RKF art but I don't actually like it, it's not very Dromoka if you ask me.

OneofOne

I sure as hell like that Dromoka better than that Elenda. RKF's art really hits people quite differently, unlike a Chase Stone which everyone can agree is awesome.

Still one of my favorite pieces of MTG art, and I don't even play vampires.
sorin.PNG

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I sure as hell like that Dromoka better than that Elenda. RKF's art really hits people quite differently, unlike a Chase Stone which everyone can agree is awesome.

Still one of my favorite pieces of MTG art, and I don't even play vampires.
View attachment 418468

This Sorin just always instantly reminds me of Jason Isaac’s Lucius Malfoy. Not that that’s a bad thing.

Zm95X0NvUy5qcGc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Always disliked RKF in MTG. My friends and I would rant about how shitty it looked. Good nostalgia remembering his suckage

• 1Worf
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I would love for an MTG artist to follow the style of Larry Elmore or Keith Parkinson. Those were my favorites back in the day. *Obviously they didn't do magic cards as far as I know.

OneofOne

This is the kinda shit I remember and like RKF for:

rkf.PNG

Then I look at this brand new stuff and I can barely even discern what I'm seeing. Is this really what you RKF fans wanted?

rkf2.PNG

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Eh, it's art. I'm gonna like some of it, I'm not gonna like some of it. I know several people that like those old school black & white Baldur's Gate art cards but they're not for me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yes yes yes, everything was better when you were younger, things aren't as good as they used to be, etc etc.

• 1Moron