2 Unlicensed Hearse (SNC) 246
2 The Great Henge (ELD) 161

So much Fun to play with
1656201584208.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I get that Pokemon cards have value, but how do I go about used cards when I want to actually use them and play with my son, not keep them and grade them for an investment? These are all the types of offers I see. If I buy packs, am I throwing away hundreds of dollars if I open those packs? Like how do you determine? I'm used to boxes and boxes of MTG cards going up on eBay or whatever, and it's like random lot of cards, some rares, some etc. I don't see this with Pokemon.

1658014867526.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I get that Pokemon cards have value, but how do I go about used cards when I want to actually use them and play with my son, not keep them and grade them for an investment? These are all the types of offers I see. If I buy packs, am I throwing away hundreds of dollars if I open those packs? Like how do you determine? I'm used to boxes and boxes of MTG cards going up on eBay or whatever, and it's like random lot of cards, some rares, some etc. I don't see this with Pokemon.

View attachment 422373

Sealed boxes do go up in price just like MTG, as well as the individual cards. Find whatever cheap source of cards want and buy some. They sell pre-made decks, though I can't speak to if they are worth a shit or not. I just made my son and I some decks out of the same colors and together we tuned our decks out of misc cards from whatever box was cheap/on sale at my card buying sites, as we went. I actually bought 2 boxes of cards and handed out packs as rewards for various things. I do rec getting a Trainer box or two (any set) just to get some poison counters/dice/sleeves/etc. I do not rec buying card lots unless it's some bulk for super cheap. You have no clue what you are buying, and amount/variations is better when just starting out and farting around.

If you need to value cards I use Pokemon SWSH10: Astral Radiance Price Guide | TCGplayer Just pick the set and sort by price. The fancy cards we don't use in decks just go in a binder, which he thinks is pretty cool. The one super expensive card he pulled I sleeved up and put aside - he likes to look at it every once in a bit and ohh and ahh that he has a card worth a few hundred bucks.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So... Legends cards will be seeded at a 3% chance in Collectors Boosters in Dominaria United. I have to imagine that means that CB run will be pretty massive. Yay for cheap DU cards from mass opening, I guess.

legends.PNG

However they are of course removing the "problematic" cards - which list has grown. The non-obvious ones appear to be due to flavor text. What a fucking world.

Excluded "troublesome" list:
Alabaster Potion
Barbary Apes
Caverns of Despair
Cleanse
Craw Giant
Darkness
Flash Counter
Gwendlyn Di Corci
Imprison
Invoke Prejudice
Nether Void
Pradesh Gypsies
Pyrotechnics
Relic Barrier
Sylvan Library
Wall of Opposition

Supposedly the cards are from a single run so half the uncommons aren't available. I haven't seen evidence this is true, but it makes sense if they came from the same location it's likely true. If so, these won't be available either:

Didn't open due to collation list:
Adventurers' Guildhouse
Arboria
Backdraft
Blight
Blue Mana Battery
Brine Hag
Cathedral of Serra
Cocoon
Deadfall
Eternal Warrior
Floral Spuzzem
Frost Giant
Great Defender
Green Mana Battery
Heaven's Gate
Hunding Gjornersen
Ivory Guardians
Kry Shield
Land Tax
Lord Magnus
Mana Drain
Marhault Elsdragon
Mountain Yeti
Presence of the Master
Princess Lucrezia
Puppet Master
Rabid Wombat
Radjan Spirit
Ramirez DePietro
Relic Bind
Sea Kings' Blessing
Seafarer's Quay
Seeker
Shimian Night Stalker
Silhouette
Sir Shandlar of Eberyn
Sivitri Scarzam
Spectral Cloak
Spirit Link
Sunastian Falconer
Takklemaggot
Tor Wauki
Undertow
Underworld Dreams
Unholy Citadel
Wall of Dust
Wall of Light
Wall of Putrid Flesh
Wall of Tombstones
White Mana Battery

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So... Legends cards will be seeded at a 3% chance in Collectors Boosters in Dominaria United. I have to imagine that means that CB run will be pretty massive. Yay for cheap DU cards from mass opening, I guess.

View attachment 423355

However they are of course removing the "problematic" cards - which list has grown. The non-obvious ones appear to be due to flavor text. What a fucking world.

Excluded "troublesome" list:
Alabaster Potion
Barbary Apes
Caverns of Despair
Cleanse
Craw Giant
Darkness
Flash Counter
Gwendlyn Di Corci
Imprison
Invoke Prejudice
Nether Void
Pradesh Gypsies
Pyrotechnics
Relic Barrier
Sylvan Library
Wall of Opposition

Supposedly the cards are from a single run so half the uncommons aren't available. I haven't seen evidence this is true, but it makes sense if they came from the same location it's likely true. If so, these won't be available either:
A couple of them are 'due' to flavor text, but the vast majority are from the same artist - Harold Mcneill. He's the guy who painted Invoke Prejudice and he's supposedly a self-described White Supremacist.

That's the closest they get to a legitimate reason, but it's still absolutely ridiculous. However, banning cards for words like midget, gypsy, and apes wearing tribal-looking garb is full-on 1984 clownworld shit.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I mean, after nuking Terese Nielsen for liking a couple of tweets, their bar for “legitimate reason” is pretty fucking low.

Oh yeah, did they cancel Seb McKinnon yet for being at the Canadian trucker rally? Lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I mean, after nuking Terese Nielsen for liking a couple of tweets, their bar for “legitimate reason” is pretty fucking low.

Oh yeah, did they cancel Seb McKinnon yet for being at the Canadian trucker rally? Lol.

No official word from anyone, but his art has not shown up on new cards since.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The best party is Barbary Apes by far, as it's basically just Wizards saying black people are monkeys:

leg-176-barbary-apes.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have an IRL friend dragging me back to this on MTG Arena.

Any tips?

I mainly played aggro in Mirrodin 1 and Ravnica 2 through to Tarkir. I'm guessing that the metagame has changed a lot from 2 mana single removal and 5 mana board wipes?

I'm looking at MTG Top 8 and seeing a lot of three colour decks and insane lands like transforming ones and three colour cycling ones.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Sweet another annoying as fuck mechanic to deal with.....Stickers

Planetary basics slightly more common then orbital ones. 30 legendary creatures will be in the set. All the legends will have booster fun versions. Had artist make the art then sent the completed art to another to make the booster fun art.

~1/4 of the rares and mythic rares will be eternal playable. If commons and uncommons have no stamp they are eternal legal. Rare and mythic rares will have the regular stamp if they are eternal legal.

254 cards because of shock lands. 302 with playable game objects in packs. Packs are 14 cards and 1 playable game object.

Cards will have stickers. The delay was due to the company that makes glue for the cards went out of business and they needed to find a new company. The glue is like post it note glue so it won’t hurt the card and reusable.

There are four types of stickers -name stickers(3 per sticker card) -art stickers (3) of things you can get in the park. (Hats matter for the set) -ability stickers (2) -P/T stickers (2) To use stickers you need to pay that cost in tickets for stickers with ticket costs.

48 sticker cards. Only power and toughness stickers repeat. 96 slots for each sticker type. 1 sticker sheet per booster pack instead of a common.

How do they work. Some cards let you sticker and you can only sticker your own non-land permanents. Most cards that let you sticker give you tickets. Cheapest ticket cost is 2 for stickers. Tickets are like energy, you are not forced to spend them and you can build them up. Some cards are specific stickers to sticker while others are general.

Set has cards that care about names and art. There are also cards that care if a card is stickered. Cards can only have one p/t sticker but you can sticker over it. Name art and ability are not restricted. Need to do your best to have them all on the card. Stickers stay on for any public zone. They go back to the sticker card for hidden zones like deck or hand. Stickers that go back to your sticker sheet can be used again.

Most sticker cards are eternal. In constructed you choose 10 unique sticker cards and randomly pick 3 per game. For playing casually there will be a tool to pick 3 random sticker cards online. Limited you get what you open, they aren’t drafted.

There are also going to be attractions. 2 main mechanics are attractions and stickers. Also dice rolling and outside assistance. Only frames were shown for attractions as he couldn’t spoil everything.

For theming there are a bunch of different aliens but blorbians? Are the main ones. Rex nebula accidentally backed into and destroyed their planet. All clowns are robots but not all robots are clowns. They all do one function really well. Robot tribal is a thing (R/W). For technology there are sci-fi tropes but lots of magic the gathering creatures. All stores run by vampires.

Carnivals need a prize wall. IP of the park is magic. Caricature making robot. Pie eating contest. Lots of magic jokes in the set. Owner of the park wants things to be exciting. Pins that are references of different cards.

Water gun ballon games is the release day event promo. Foil shock land box topper for all boxes. Collector boosters have galaxy foils.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait that's not a silver border set?

This game is so fucked

• 1Like