MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Alchemy.. not even once. Not because its addicting.. but because it is garbage.
Yeah I hate Alchemy constructed but these drafts are kinda funny just playing with straight up broken cards. Even relatively tame cards like Giant Regrowth lead to some ridiculous nonsense.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Welp, wizards failed again at leaks.

1654299160278.png

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
didn't reddit figure out it's a guerilla marketing technique?

One of the these never ending leaks early on someone noticed was taken in the lobby at wizards HQ I coulda sworn.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did they ever merge the 2 worlds of paper cards and being able to bring those into digital? Or is it completely separate still?

Like what’s Mists screen shots above of? That looks neat!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Your digital and physical collections are still seperate, although they started giving out digital codes for packs with prereleases, and some select new player products had codes to get a digital copy of the product in addition to the physical.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Angel Printer go brrrrrrrrr. I don't think it's possible to draft a better deck than this. 7-2 because I lost to too much Xander's Wake card advantage + general black red aggro one match and walked my Elspeth into a counterspell like a dummy in another.

1654994848318.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Kinda got tired of Arena. Still logging in to do some dailies and save gold for the future I guess. Lots of people say Kamigawa draft was amazing, so I'm waiting for that quick draft to rotate back in to spend my gold. Also the waiting for people to make up their mind sucks. And playing a lot of the same decks (White life gain ugh).

I've done two drafts and spend most of the week thinking about casual commander nights at the LGS, shopping for cheap singles and learning about all cards I've missed the last 2 decades. I guess I just like the social side of it more. Watching one of the guys with a coin flip deck kill everyone with a creature with protection from red/blue/green/black and power/toughness equal to 10 to the 18th from flipping coins was pretty funny.

Personal best moment was my poor man's Neera deck. I got Arcane Bombardment out with Discontinuity on it. Ending a couple peoples' turns early was pretty entertaining.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Picked these up in clearance at Gamestop for $25 each. Probably not a big deal for most but my whole collection is only about 1000 cards so it feels like a good deal to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_152528.jpg
    IMG_20220613_152528.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users