Aaand, black Aragorn. Sigh…

1660865215512.png

• 2Rustled
  • 1Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've plateaued at this game. Where do people go to for deck ideas.
I need something new. Preferably with Black / Red or Blue in it.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I've plateaued at this game. Where do people go to for deck ideas.
I need something new. Preferably with Black / Red or Blue in it.
What format do you play?

I only play casual commander at a game store once a week. The card pool for commander is large enough that you can make any sort of stupid deck work. I try to use commanders that aren't very common (aka at least one person has a Nekusar, Kenrith, Miirym Sentinel Wurm, Slivers etc. Deck).

My current decks are:

WGR Phabine, Boss' confidant
GUB Sidisi, Brood Tyrant
5C Codie, vociferous codex
R Rionya, Fire Dancer
R Zurzoth, Chaos Rider (nobody takes it seriously in the beginning but the discarding random cards and ping devils gets funny).
BR Juri, master of the revue (when you use clue, food, or treasure tokens you sacrifice them...)
GB Skullbriar, walking grave
GB Dina, Soul Steeper
RU Neera, Wild Mage

Then again I'm still in the honeymoon phase. The store owner let's me dig through the commons boxes and I still get excited seeing cards from 2019 sets because I've never seen them before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They print some version of that sphinx in every standard set. 5-7cmc, big flying body, irrelevant attack trigger, completely unplayable.

Sheoldred is worse than mindwrack demon, change my mind.

Braids kinda cool but at 3 mana and no immediate value I suspect won't be good enough to do anything important. Maybe pioneer oni anvil piles like it a bit?
Dream Trawler was unplayable?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What format do you play?

I only play casual commander at a game store once a week. The card pool for commander is large enough that you can make any sort of stupid deck work. I try to use commanders that aren't very common (aka at least one person has a Nekusar, Kenrith, Miirym Sentinel Wurm, Slivers etc. Deck).

I"m playing MTG Arena. Sorry should have said that. I'm a filthy casual too. So I play mono color decks that are pretty basic. I'm open to learning others but not savvy enough to be building something.

White and Green.png

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I"m playing MTG Arena. Sorry should have said that. I'm a filthy casual too. So I play mono color decks that are pretty basic. I'm open to learning others but not savvy enough to be building something.

View attachment 428847
I did the Arena thing too, but got burnt out for the same reason. If you want to do anything remotely janky or "different" you're just going to lose most of the time.

I think my favorite deck was red/black using cards like Involuntary Employment to get opponents' creatures, hitting them with it, then sacrificing them with stuff like Deadly Dispute or Skullport Merchant. I still lost a bunch but it was satisfying to throw that combo out to win in the end. Another one I had was WGR aggro focusing on treasure tokens and board wipes like Depopulate. Hit them quick, generate treasure, and wipe the board once you lose control, and use the treasure tokens to put down more creatures and finish it. In the end both decks were still kind of rote because they relied on Goldspan Dragons and Inferno of the Star Mounts (not a surprise, right?)

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can you save your BS for Pol, etc?
lol you clearly missed the joke dude.

The joke is about all the female MTG players on Twitch and Twitter who pretty much only play commander while they promote their Onlyfans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I like to look up the results for standard tourneys, copy the best decks, and then tweak them with my own ideas for arena.

I don’t have the time or will to be creative enough to build from scratch, but stealing the best deck is boring too - so meet in the middle!
I think it’s top8 or some related bullshit site I use

Chris

Potato del Grande

View attachment 428847
Go back a page and look at the Green/White deck I posted, it will get you to Diamond league.

Maybe leave off the G/W lands as they are leaving the standard format in September and something else will replace them.

If you look at the links I use, that's the website to look at.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spoiler season is hell with a masters set also being spoiled, with a similar set symbol and same setting.

I'm having to squint at the set symbol to work out what the fuck is going on.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Picard