MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was cheaper for me to add each deck individually to cart rather than do the bundle. (Saved $20)

Do both. Amazon price matches to the lowest price during your pre-order, when they actually ship (and charge you). So if you pre-order at $20 today, and the price drops to $15 tomorrow, you get charged $15 when it ships. Just cancel whatever you don't want as the shipping date gets near. It's what the cool kids do.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Some 7-x decks so far:

7-2 domain Screenshot 2022-09-17 183145.png
7-2 BW Screenshot 2022-09-15 192024.png
1663454123513.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm just going to wait until full set reveal and scryfall for real cards, dumb preview season

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I absolutely love the land from this set - they really hit it out of the park. But literally everything else is ass cancer I'll never play with or allow myself to play against.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I have no idea, the only explanation that holds water for me is Maro has too much control at this point? Every un-set, by their own admission, has sold poorly, so their solution is to...force un-sets in to the regular game via this weird mutant black bordered set? Who is that for? People that like un-sets were already buying them and using it in their faggy commander pods, and now people that don't like them are forced to deal with it.

If we're lucky it'll all be so bad as to be unplayable in eternal formats and at least limit the damage done.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
People that like un-sets were already buying them and using it in their faggy commander pods, and now people that don't like them are forced to deal with it.

The Commander Rules Committee has kept silver bordered card illegal across the board, even though a bunch would be fine. When WotC took EDH and made it Commander so they could sell more cards, they let the RC stay in charge of the Commander Banned list. They haven't budged on Silver Bordered, so WotC is telling them "Fuck You, these weird ass cards are black bordered now, you can keep the acorns banned, but the rest are legal in eternal. Now buy our Un- Sets."

And before anyone says "who cares what the RC says, play with your silver bordered cards if you want", one of the biggest, if not the biggest, draws to large magic gatherings right now are Command Zones, where you pay to get in and play, and they use the standard Banned list.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Further proof that commander is ruining magic, got it.

I would seriously doubt any of these cards is gonna be good in Legacy or Vintage. It's obviously still early in spoilers, but Saw in Half is the only maybe interesting card for eternal so far, to enable some kind of weird combo. Lifetime Passholder I doubt is going to be good enough on its own to get people to play Attractions in a real format.

And we haven't seen a sticker card that would be reason enough to play just to dodge needle effects (and typing that really hurt my soul).

The two cards that would have been best in eternal (Far Out and Nearby Planet), were "acorned" for that reason.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This might be my favorite draft format ever. I can fill my entire deck with 5 color bullshit cards with kicker?!?

KTKx3 is probably a close second.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea I have no idea, the only explanation that holds water for me is Maro has too much control at this point? Every un-set, by their own admission, has sold poorly, so their solution is to...force un-sets in to the regular game via this weird mutant black bordered set? Who is that for? People that like un-sets were already buying them and using it in their faggy commander pods, and now people that don't like them are forced to deal with it.

If we're lucky it'll all be so bad as to be unplayable in eternal formats and at least limit the damage done.
Not unstable Maro even said "Unstable did so well it was printed 4 times"

Either way fuck this set, fucking can't stand almost any aspect of it....and I really enjoyed drafting unstable.

• 2Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Everything about this set is aids. What the fuck were they thinking? I had originally thought the non-silver but stamped idea was okay because there’s some neat silver-bordered stuff that really isn’t all that out there and doesn’t break anything in a normal game. This is ridiculous, though.

Overall I’m getting more and more tired of the shit direction the game is going in. I don’t want this universes beyond shit, I don’t want this goofy bullshit being legal, I’m tired of every set they release being pushed to hell and having 10 new staples for EDH that are expensive as hell and also homogenize the shit out of the format. I just want to play some basic ass Magic the Gathering without having to goatse my wallet or see this clown bullshit across the table.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Everything about this set is aids. What the fuck were they thinking? I had originally thought the non-silver but stamped idea was okay because there’s some neat silver-bordered stuff that really isn’t all that out there and doesn’t break anything in a normal game. This is ridiculous, though.

Overall I’m getting more and more tired of the shit direction the game is going in. I don’t want this universes beyond shit, I don’t want this goofy bullshit being legal, I’m tired of every set they release being pushed to hell and having 10 new staples for EDH that are expensive as hell and also homogenize the shit out of the format. I just want to play some basic ass Magic the Gathering without having to goatse my wallet or see this clown bullshit across the table.
You are not their audeince anymore.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, I'm usually the one to say that, but I have no idea who the audience for this un-set is.

Lands look dope at least.