Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Aaand, black Aragorn. Sigh…

View attachment 428780
That's just the beginning...

1661133175707.png

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

The actual best part of this was that, following the reveal, the conversation started with "thats not aragorn, he's black" but overwhelmingly evolved to "Of course its not Aragorn, Anduril isnt a one handed sword and Aragorn would not use a shield". The LotR nerds in attendance were much angrier about that.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Apparently Ebay is buying TCG for $300m, after TCG just bought CFB. Market sure is consolidating, and CK sucks ass so, surely the shrinking competitive market will be a boon for buyers...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Apparently Ebay is buying TCG for $300m, after TCG just bought CFB. Market sure is consolidating, and CK sucks ass so, surely the shrinking competitive market will be a boon for buyers...
This is the kind of shit that triggers me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The actual best part of this was that, following the reveal, the conversation started with "thats not aragorn, he's black" but overwhelmingly evolved to "Of course its not Aragorn, Anduril isnt a one handed sword and Aragorn would not use a shield". The LotR nerds in attendance were much angrier about that.
Which then turned into "The sword is called Anduril, Flame of the West - so the artist mustn't have read the books or seen the movie and interpreted it literally. Oh no it's actually Aragorn".

rad

Lord of Guk
I"m playing MTG Arena. Sorry should have said that. I'm a filthy casual too. So I play mono color decks that are pretty basic. I'm open to learning others but not savvy enough to be building something.

I mostly play historic, but both these decks can take you mythic. First is Esper reanimator I shamelessly put together after facing it a few times on ladder. Second is Gruul jank that I've messed with over the last couple months, can have some monster starts while outpacing some of the more annoying decks like elves and lifegain. Domri Rade was my favorite walker during RTR block, I think I enjoy Anarch even more.

EsperReani.png

legendgruul.png

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Best of 1?

I'm still thuding elementals at people faces in turn 6 for 20 damage. Omnath thud is very fun to play.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mostly play historic, but both these decks can take you mythic. First is Esper reanimator I shamelessly put together after facing it a few times on ladder. Second is Gruul jank that I've messed with over the last couple months, can have some monster starts while outpacing some of the more annoying decks like elves and lifegain. Domri Rade was my favorite walker during RTR block, I think I enjoy Anarch even more.

View attachment 429643

View attachment 429644
Gruul without Embercleave makes my soul hurt.

• 1Worf

OneofOne

I'm liking DA the best out of the last few sets. I'm sure it's just the nostalgia, but I love that they're reintroducing the legends from Legends in updated (and playable) forms. Revisiting this world with all the other callbacks is pretty nice too. Even if I'm not really a Domain fan.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Made a Feldon of the Third Path commander deck I'm excited to try out. It's ramp, big creatures, and discard/draw like Thrill of Possibility. Discard all the big stuff into the graveyard and use them when needed. The best part about Feldon is he doesn't exile cards you copy out of the graveyard, and you can use him anytime, so there's a lot of utility for offensive and defensive. Just a bunch of big bodies, ETB & death triggers for various purposes. Will have to mulligan hard for a lightning greaves or swiftfoot boots sadly.

I made a Rionya, Fire Dancer deck last week, but only got to play it once because I would get crushed every game after pulling off the combo I did the first time (lightning bolt, shock, invoke calamity, copy bolt and shock again, made 6 copies of coercive recruiter, take control of 6 creatures and beat everyone to death with their own stuff.)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
First night of Dominaria United limited was way better than Capenna. Format looks like it's going to have a lot of room for painting outside the lines. A bunch of quality removal, and kicker feels as good to play with as it usually does, although it's different from last time. Last time, kicker cards were a bunch of cheap things with huge kicker costs, so you didn't have to worry about running a a dedicated top end in a lot of decks, since your two drop was also your seven drop. Now the kicker costs are lower, so the cards are more middle ground, usually ending up around 4-5 cost kicked.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I mean, could be trying to steal the commander/female crowd instead of the competitive crowd. Might also have a better rate of acquiring new kid customers, which magic has had a worse time of the last decade.
They should have gone digital and tried to horn in on the Arena market.

Hearthstone I don't really care for; would be nice to have another alternative

OneofOne

Warhammer 40k spoilers have been coming out this week. Warhammer 40,000 Commander Visual Spoiler - MtG Spoiler

The pricing is pretty crazy, but, that's WOTC these days. I'm not a WH40k guy, but the art seems pretty nice, and while I was pretty skeptical about bringing that IP onto MTG cards, it looks interesting. And of course they're including some reprints. Among others:

scales.PNG

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I have never played multiplayer commander, but i ordered these to play with some casual friends to introduce 40K lore. Hopefully there is some decent internal balance to the decks.
(On Amazon, the price was 184 in may, and now sitting at 217.)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I have never played multiplayer commander, but i ordered these to play with some casual friends to introduce 40K lore. Hopefully there is some decent internal balance to the decks.
(On Amazon, the price was 184 in may, and now sitting at 217.)
It was cheaper for me to add each deck individually to cart rather than do the bundle. (Saved $20)