MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Btw this was only a 6-3, should have been a 7-2 though, and is such a masterpiece I had to post it. Yes, Jaya cascades off of Jodah, because she's a legendary spell, which cascaded into Tatyova or Raff more than a few times. First pick in this draft was the Guardian but rather than just go a conventional RW deck like a sane person, I had to go over the top.

1663799488754.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The secret to this format is to just draft 2x Floriferous Vinewall, at least 6 dual lands, and then just pick the best cards in every pack.

7-1 with this, some extremely absurd 1-sided games. 8 legends including Ratadrabik.

1664139131988.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
I dunno, I'm usually the one to say that, but I have no idea who the audience for this un-set is.

Lands look dope at least.
All of the spoilers look like cringe nonsense.

It's for people who buy all those cute/random card and board games like Exploding Kittens, not realising that those people don't enjoy the complexity MTG brings and this set is max complexity.

I feel like the game has taken a lot of damage over the last few years but there are seemingly enough funkopop soyboys to keep it going.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Turns out Brothers' War is going to have Transformers cards. 15 different cards with 2 versions each. I like Transformers but it feels like we're crossing the streams here. They are also adding serialized cards - schematic versions of their special artifact reprints, x/500 each. Both commander decks will be full retroframe, land included. We're so past the point of anything being special anymore it's like, what's the point?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Turns out Brothers' War is going to have Transformers cards. 15 different cards with 2 versions each. I like Transformers but it feels like we're crossing the streams here. They are also adding serialized cards - schematic versions of their special artifact reprints, x/500 each. Both commander decks will be full retroframe, land included. We're so past the point of anything being special anymore it's like, what's the point?

Yeah all this is a huge turnoff for me.

Alternate borders actually pisses me off, if you can make nicer borders, do it for all cards.

Alternate art is fine if it's in universe, but fucking transformers and stained glass and all that shit makes the game not look like a unified whole.

Reprints that are not legal to play... what the fuck. Do I need to Google which cards are in the set?

Is it so hard to just have different types of shinies?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All the doomsaying people have been going on about since 2005 or so is coming true all at once.

We're full on in baseball card mode now. Can't wait to see what a hilarious shitshow this is in a couple more years.

rad

Lord of Guk
Sounds like a good time for a reserved list fire sale. I'll jump on grenade like a good chap, 75% of market and I'll take all that risk off your hands.

empcackle.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

Sees a bunch of G1 Transformers
Good childhood memories start coming back
Sees Megatron
lookhowtheymassacredmyboy.jpg

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I can't follow spoiler season anymore.

Is a card from Brother's War or Brother's War Commander?

Are Transformers legal cards with the name changed or special non legal cards? Is it Warhammer Commander or Unfinity?

What about Alchemy? Maybe it's just some special reprint randomly in boost packs.

First thing I need to do is look at the set symbol.

I remember when you'd have one spoiler season for one set every 3 months and that was it.

OneofOne

Sees a bunch of G1 Transformers
Good childhood memories start coming back
Sees Megatron
lookhowtheymassacredmyboy.jpg

Dude they renamed Bumblebee into Goldbug. I guess this was done in the comics a while back? But still that's some gay ass shit.

goldbugsucksass.PNG

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Dude they renamed Bumblebee into Goldbug. I guess this was done in the comics a while back? But still that's some gay ass shit.

View attachment 435943

He was actually Goldbug during the end of G1 when they brought Optimus Prime back to life as well, cleverly because he became a Gold Bug.

I think he was mostly Bumblebee from then on, except in Shattered Glass where he was Goldbug as well, which makes me assume they picked the name and art for the normal version since the Shattered Glass version is always Goldbug.

Of course, I didnt remember or know any of this until I googled "Goldbug" cause I saw that and was like, who the fuck is Goldbug.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone else need further convinced we're in the end times of magic?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Back in the long, long ago there were non-tournament legal complete sets of I think Alpha. They were a short-lived product in the early days of Magic and they would occasionally get brought up. I'm pretty sure Mark Rosewater has said several times we'd never get that them again. That's what I thought this was. Get your set of Alpha for 1000 dollars.

Oof.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is the worst thing they have done. So far.

What's the difference between this and original? A back that sleeves hide anyway?
New border, big 30TH ANNIVERSARY where the set symbol is in new sets

OneofOne

The set icon is pretty different, and seeing a holo on a P9 card seems a BIT of a giveaway. But yeah, this is super shitty. Not that we lack for examples, but this is far and away the best example of giving zero shits about the game and being alllllllllllll about the money. The naked greed is insane. The most awesome part? You're paying a grand for 4 packs of cards, and the laces are still in them - at rare rarity rofl If there's a bigger middle finger to players, I haven't seen it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Remember, calling cards not-real is exclusionary, you fucking bigots.

Games a fucking walking corpse at this point

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users