MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Inkmoth Nexus was apparently the correct answer on what to speculate. :p
I wish I'd bought about twenty of em. Sadly, I missed the boat. Hindsight and all.

Serum Visions might end up the August promo. Git Probe was already an FNM promo during its run in standard. In any case, Visions isn't going down just because of FNM copies.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, scry is Evergreen, so Serum Visions can pretty much be reprinted whenever they want to. Probe would need to be a promo, or be a really awkward duel deck inclusion that you'd have to explain to new players who picked up the DD.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Scry isn't Evergreen. It only appears in sets with lots of other Scry cards, it doesn't just randomly appear on random cards.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thought they evergreened it when they brought it back for the Core Set and then continued using it in expansions?

Xalara

Golden Squire
Went 5-2 at a PreTQ today playing G/W Collected Company. Round seven was a win and in against Abzan control and game two my mulligans went like this:
7 cards) 6 lands, Valorous Stance
6 cards) Zero lands
5 cards) Zero lands
4 cards) Zero lands but had elf so I kept on the hope I'd draw into something but didn't.

Sucky way to end the day but at least I did well and had fun.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
You could be right but I thought the reason why the second set is called "Modern Masters 2015 Edition" instead of "Modern Masters 2" is that it will be a yearly thing like Commander now is. I could see it being every couple of years though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think people would get serious fatigue at modern masters a year at 10 dollars+ a pack.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not if they never buy a pack because the value's too low and the draft format looks like piss!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have a funny feeling this set is going to crash hard and you'll be able to pick up boxes at cost.

I can't believe they reprinted 0 rare lands. I expected filter lands at the least.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since many of you are more experienced in this: would I be better off selling 3rd edition Dual Lands through Ebay, a LFGS, or one of the big sites like Channelfireball, Starcity, Troll&Toad, etc? Hypothetical, of course; not sure I want to sell them yet.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Since many of you are more experienced in this: would I be better off selling 3rd edition Dual Lands through Ebay, a LFGS, or one of the big sites like Channelfireball, Starcity, Troll&Toad, etc? Hypothetical, of course; not sure I want to sell them yet.
You will always get the best price selling each one individually on ebay or at a big tournament. However, it can be a colossal pain in the ass.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I basically urge anyone who even thinks they might end up playing again to never, ever cash out dual lands. They're too annoying to recollect. You'll do fine on ebay for most of them, but keep in mind that people are getting more and more suspicious of duals via private vendors because of counterfeits. That goes double if they're really pristine.

I'd search up the High End Magic Trade & Sale group on Facebook and post them there. It's a VERY high traffic group with a lot of savvy shoppers and other dealers, and pretty standard rules. You set your prices, dictate terms etc. The group relies on social pressures to keep people honest, and folks who rip others off very quickly find themselves without a way to buy or sell. Also, there's a minimum value for posted cards of $50. You're not allowed to sell anything lower than that, regardless of what it is (a guy had a bunch of old, hard to find $40 judge foils he was reprimanded for posting with all the higher value stuff, for example).

Whenever I'm looking for old or hard to find stuff, that's always my first stop before ebay or an online shop.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Legacy? Fuck that, Duals are for EDH!

And for reliving terrible decks you would have built when you were a kid if you'd been able to afford more of those damned over-priced as hell $20 dual lands!