MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What, you don't want to play Trap Dragon?
smile.png

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
He is more of a late game finisher then hyper aggo type of card I think although a couple of them in a burn deck might work.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, Burning Bridges worked because Grafted Skullcap, Ensaring Bridge, and (at times) Null Brooch were all synergizing together, and way over-taxing the limited artifact removal that got played. This guy is running out there without any of those fabulous synergies, and as the most-easily-killed card type.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I just reopened my old MTGO account. I have a bunch of shit onslaught cards, an onslaught sealed deck, and a starter kit. Anything useful I can do with that crap?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Depends what they are. Make everything tradable and message me, Nyxs on MTGO.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Had a pretty good time on staff for GP Charlotte. My shoes were awful and I walked way too fucking much compared to a handful of staff who walked far too little, but it was a good experience overall. Finished black bordering the duals in my main legacy deck, picked up a handful of other judge promos (Armageddon, Crucible of Worlds), and dumped a few modern things for a NM Chains of Meph. Also managed to pass my L2 exam on the first try. Pretty stoked about that.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Had a pretty good time on staff for GP Charlotte. My shoes were awful and I walked way too fucking much compared to a handful of staff who walked far too little, but it was a good experience overall. Finished black bordering the duals in my main legacy deck, picked up a handful of other judge promos (Armageddon, Crucible of Worlds), and dumped a few modern things for a NM Chains of Meph. Also managed to pass my L2 exam on the first try. Pretty stoked about that.
Congrats on L2!

Dumping my collection again
frown.png
. Just need to find a buyer for my Arsenal now. Getting 50% SSG value in cash for my collection at least. $250 for $478 in non bulk rares ($300 of that is cards over $10) with about 40 bulk rares, C/UC, a dice block, 5x spindown, 1 deck box, and my shitty ultra pro case thrown in. Wish I had sold my fucking Narset and Sarkhan earlier but not terrible value considering I built from scratch via sealed/drafts starting last November. Two more guys were wanting to look at it before I sold it so they might make a slightly better offer as well but between credit for wins and 50% value in cash I've played free for almost a year I guess.

Edit: Lied. Forgot I had a Bloodmoon and another $10 or so in bulk/dollar rares when I came up. Yay Bloodmoon going from $15 to $60 since November.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They spiked hard overnight last week. Star City went on a shopping spree. Pretty much the same shit that happened with Zendikar Fetches when Misty went from $20 to $70 overnight, although with a smaller differential since it's just a sideboard card.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It wasn't this weekend. Blood Moon was fairly prevalent in main decks.

Snapcaster is also trading very high. I think it's sitting at $85 this evening after a high of $100 on the GP floor. Cavern of Souls is also jumping because of Elves.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
They spoiled a 2GR creature at uncommon today, I'm surprised. Maybe there will be enough spice in this set to make it a fun draft format.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Mindswipe does not seem like a 4x in that deck.
It's one of the win cons, It gets to a point where if they cast any spell at all they just die. I won one game tonight by mindswiping for 8, draw a card, play a land, cruise for 1 blue mana, get mindswipe, mindswipe for 8 again on there turn.

Also mindswiping a on curve courser gives me an erection.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I am managing to win some tournaments pretty steadily while only still having spent ~$10 on tickets having gotten some great deals and of course cheaper cards with high utility and play value like Sylvan Caryatid and whatnot but man I am hitting a brickwall here. Seems like no matter what, in order to get to that next tier of deck building I am gonna have to drop a decent amount of cash. Was trying to avoid it as long as possible, but I think I'm going to play MTGO for a very long time so it will probably be worth it.

Was wondering if I could get some opionions on the WoTC sponsored tournaments - for someone who knows how to play very well, but might be teetering on the line between medium and high level cards, is it reasonable at all to expect to be able to win any of the online WoTC hosted Constructed Open Standards or is all pretty much a ridiculous fuckfest of high level play? What's the best return on investment as far as starting tournaments goes? I am hesitant to spend $25-35 on one tournament just to get a 'feel' for the playing grounds. I understand it's a very open ended question and common sense tells me you know it's like anything else, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something before I pull the trigger.