MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going to be sad times in the Kingdom when BFZ has an Eldrazi Titan with the graveyard trigger. Rare that they print such a good mill card, so run with it while folks can
biggrin.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Going to be sad times in the Kingdom when BFZ has an Eldrazi Titan with the graveyard trigger. Rare that they print such a good mill card, so run with it while folks can
biggrin.png
I'd be shocked they'd repeat the same variant of "permanence" even if they decide they're still "permanent" this time. Might very well not end up having the "Timetwister on GY" effect.

New one already spoiled plays with the Exiled zone - I'd almost think that if there's any type of "permanence" effect for the named ones this time it'll be along the lines of that Blue griffon. Misthollow Griffon or whatever...

Edit: Bullseye'd the name -Misthollow Griffin (Avacyn Restored) - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The graveyard trigger was also meant to get around cheaply-reanimating Eldrazi. They don't make instant-speed reanimation much anymore for a reason. Unfortunately, Modern just happened to form a year later with the best instant-speed reanimation baked-in.
smile.png

Also, much love for the Griffin, fun synergy with the UW Utility Land from Innistrad Block. "MY THREAT NEVER GOES AWAAAY"

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The graveyard trigger was also meant to get around cheaply-reanimating Eldrazi. They don't make instant-speed reanimation much anymore for a reason. Unfortunately, Modern just happened to form a year later with the best instant-speed reanimation baked-in.
smile.png

Also, much love for the Griffin, fun synergy with the UW Utility Land from Innistrad Block. "MY THREAT NEVER GOES AWAAAY"
Yea, I'd not be shocked to see if they're still afraid of reanimation doing something like "If CARDNAME would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal CARDNAME and exile it instead. While exiled you may cast CARDNAME." - with the tightened phrasing (instead of trigger) it would remove the ability for even instant reanimation to work. [As I learned the hard way doing Cube on MTGO - love doing reanimator - but while Eldrazi work with instant reanim as long as you do proper timing, Darksteel Colossus and Progenitus don't]

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
He had never even played the list before lol. I know the red decks being hated out by GW helped him a bit but on the downside that's a lot of Dromoka's Commands to fight through.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Abzan Constellation made top 8 so an appropriate response imo. 4x Back To Nature, 4x Unravel The Aether, 4x Revoke Existence, 3x Naturalize. Ezpz?

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
So I went to San Diego and played that mono red hotness. It started out with a bye as my first round enemy failed to show his coward face. I went into round 9 at 6-2 and needing just one win to make day 2. I failed slay my enemy. Profound sadness. However, it was super fun. Only my second GP and I was honestly surprised I even did so well. I just started playing again a month ago and before that I only played for about 1-1.5 yrs. Shit is addicting yo. Already planning to travel to a few more GP's and I am playing PPTQ and other events every weekend to get byes for points.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I'm getting back into MTGO, the client seems better than it was a few years ago. I'm wondering how I should get back in. Pauper tournaments to fund other things? In paper magic, I easily go infinite, on mtgo online I'm still doing fine but my biggest enemy is the clock since I haven't mastered the shortcuts.

My preferred formats would be vintage/legacy. But I could play any format really, I want it to fire decently. The problem I see for going infinite, is it's unlikely I'll ever be able to play on a weekend due to my work schedule. So I basically miss out on any big events, which is a bummer since, this is really what I lived for, GPs, SCGs, etc.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Do pauper tournies even exist still? WotC has been slowly closing off the easier ways to make tickets in order to force people to pay.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is block constructed still a thing? That's usually pretty cheap and the good cards will be good for standard when rotation hits. A cheapish modern deck isn't terrible either.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I miss when we had PTQ seasons that were block format.

Planeswalkers as a card type kinda started to shit on the whole thing though. Every deck in every block started to look like Super Friends and then the format kinda died out.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, the main reason it died out was that there were no events in the format. It's always been a thing on MTGO though. It's a cheap format that's not usually too hard to figure out.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay so since I don't have to subsist off MTGO anymore, buy as many as you can afford:

Inkmoth Nexus
Through the Breach
Shadow of Doubt

All printed only once on MTGO. All basically guaranteed to double your money or more by March.

Radikus

Trakanon Raider
So, I just spent 60 bucks or so buying UW heroic on MTGO. I have almost zero experience playing on there so I hope its worth it. Spent the same amount as I would if I bought a brand new PC/Console game.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Duel Deck box received by store, outside spoils It That Betrays ($15) reprint. New art Primal Command too. And an Ally-goyf.