MTG thread

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I've got no dog in this fight, but as multiple people in our current government has proved, lawyering up has zero to do with being actually innocent of the charges. I mean, what are the chances that a mtg pro has more money than a random groupie and this being in good shape to utilize a SLAPP lawsuit.

He's sueing wotc not the skank I believe.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's not just Mary Louke, she's just the only one who went public.

It sounds like Owen is just a clueless fuckboy, who thinks any girl in the mtg scene is into him cause he's so good. He's been sending unsolicited dick pics and harassing at least 3 other girls. Offering to trade mtg training/popularity for 'wink wink' services.

I still think it's an overreaction, but it's not completely made up either.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He's sueing wotc not the skank I believe.

He is, and he's going to lose, odds are it won't even get a judge willing to hear it, it's that open and shut.

This is basically a voluntary employment status for him and he's got no leg to stand on with how many outs there are in pro contracts, unless WotC had super incompetent lawyers.

I've had to deal with attempted lawsuits over terminating interns with similar issues and we never even needed to appear in court, it was that pointless of a suit they tried to bring against us.

He MIGHT have a suit against her - but being a pro for WotC events is voluntary employment, zero leg to stand on there.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
so, bought a ironman pre-release kit, so 6 of them, out of only being able to play 1 pre, i won the one i did play, ended up pulling foil gideon,2 foil karns, few of the gods, and some of the lesser uncommon PW i was looking for. worth the time i say

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Enjoying Reddit raging over EDH rules change that isn't actually a rules change, but they're too retarded and reactionary to notice.

On the plus side, most of them are getting downvoted into oblivion for being idiots.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Enjoying Reddit raging over EDH rules change that isn't actually a rules change, but they're too retarded and reactionary to notice.

On the plus side, most of them are getting downvoted into oblivion for being idiots.

Which “rules change?” I hadn’t heard anything in my playgroup.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They just clarified the existing Rule 13's language. Sideboards don't exist in EDH, so Wishes don't do anything. Unless your playgroup decides to house-rule sideboards in, then they work as expected. The same as they functioned before.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Ah yeah, I keep having to clarify for my fiancé that, yes if your playgroup allows it, it’s fine, but that there’s 0 chance in hell our randos playgroup is gonna say “sure why not” to side boards just so you can Karn in a lattice and make everyone miserable. Still throwing him in my Traxos deck, but it’ll be purely just to bring back in artifacts already in the deck back if they get exiled.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Somewhat related to my post in the MTG:A thread. My son is 5 and I'm thinking of introducing him to MTG soon. I haven't decided if this is a good idea or not. I thought MTG had some "casual" formats or products where basically all you have to buy is one premade deck. Is this what the Commander format is? I thought it might be a good thing to start him on. I'm not looking to start a collection, MTG is far too expensive for that.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Somewhat related to my post in the MTG:A thread. My son is 5 and I'm thinking of introducing him to MTG soon. I haven't decided if this is a good idea or not. I thought MTG had some "casual" formats or products where basically all you have to buy is one premade deck. Is this what the Commander format is? I thought it might be a good thing to start him on. I'm not looking to start a collection, MTG is far too expensive for that.

No, go to your local game store and buy a challenger deck.

Challenger decks are out of the pack "competitive" decks that are cheapened down. Basically what ever top deck was out a year ago they make a cheap version of it and include some good cards.

It's a great start as he can see what the deck has and do small upgrades over time.

They also come with a digital version on MTGA

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't see a kid under 8 understanding or being interested in MTG, and 10 or 11 sounds more reasonable.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I wouldn’t start them on a challenger deck either. They do have intro decks that are typically mono colored and focus on the theme of the color.
Oof, Yuya DQ'd for having all 12 of his Tron Sleeves marked with a consistent pattern of three different marks (for the three different types of land). Kinda makes it real hard to argue that's not intentional. Makes that funny clip from earlier today of him trying to protect his tron lands from land destruction by covering them with his arms age pretty badly.
Team Cygames

Ballsy shit there guy, but cheating is rampant so, to be expected!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
No, go to your local game store and buy a challenger deck.

Challenger decks are out of the pack "competitive" decks that are cheapened down. Basically what ever top deck was out a year ago they make a cheap version of it and include some good cards.

It's a great start as he can see what the deck has and do small upgrades over time.

They also come with a digital version on MTGA

Other option is the Cardkingdom battle decks, probably a little simpler than a challenger deck. I bought the first set and played my buddy. He was baffled by how the blue white deck played and its win con.

Card Kingdom - Magic: the Gathering, MTG, Magic Cards, Singles, EDH, Decks and Supplies

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Been rolling this and I'd love some suggestions on tweaking it with WotS cards.

Land (23)
  • 4x Breeding Pool
  • 1x Detection Tower
  • 10x Forest
  • 4x Hinterland Harbor
  • 3x Island
  • 1x Simic Guildgate
Instant (12)
  • 2x Essence Capture
  • 4x Growth Spiral
  • 3x Incubation / Incongruity
  • 3x Quench
Enchantment (5)
  • 3x New Horizons
  • 2x Simic Ascendancy
Sorcery (8)
  • 2x Discovery / Dispersal
  • 3x Quasiduplicate
  • 3x Repudiate / Replicate
Creature (12)
  • 4x Biogenic Ooze
  • 4x Hydroid Krasis
  • 4x Incubation Druid

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Land (23)
  • 4x Breeding Pool
  • 1x Detection Tower
  • 10x Forest
  • 4x Hinterland Harbor
  • 3x Island
  • 1x Simic Guildgate
Instant (12)
  • 2x Essence Capture
  • 4x Growth Spiral
  • 3x Quench
Enchantment (5)
  • 3x New Horizons
  • 2x Simic Ascendancy
Sorcery (8)
  • 3x Quasiduplicate
Creature (12)
  • 4x Biogenic Ooze
  • 4x Hydroid Krasis
  • 4x Incubation Druid

First glance why no frilled mystic?

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It's not a WAR card, but I think you want some llanowar elves in there. Also, as tiggles said, frilled mystic seems pretty good in that deck. I'd cut back discovery/dispersal, Incubation/incongruity, and some of the clone effects (also, maybe run spark double instead of some of them). As for WAR cards, it depends. There's a way to go mostly mono-green, splashing blue off 4 breeding pools and stuff, and then running Nissa is sick. There's a G/u style without all the clone effects, using either more proliferate and +1/+1 counters or more counterspells.
Here's a few U/G decks to give you ideas, though not quite the same style you are going for. Stream Decker
Stream Decker
Both lists are totally unrefined, they won't be taking down any mythic championships. That guy is definitely a brewer and not a 'top' pro, but he's still a good starting point for deck ideas.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Land (23)
  • 4x Breeding Pool
  • 1x Detection Tower
  • 10x Forest
  • 4x Hinterland Harbor
  • 3x Island
  • 1x Simic Guildgate
Instant (12)
  • 2x Essence Capture
  • 4x Growth Spiral
  • 3x Quench
Enchantment (5)
  • 3x New Horizons
  • 2x Simic Ascendancy
Sorcery (8)
  • 3x Quasiduplicate
Creature (12)
  • 4x Biogenic Ooze
  • 4x Hydroid Krasis
  • 4x Incubation Druid

where's the sideboard?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have experience snagging a mythic edition last set off the Hasbro eBay shop? Is there a waiting page for the item that just gets a buy button when 3 o’clock hits or do you have to go search through the store? Do you get to select how many you want before or after you know if you’ve successfully gotten through the “line” (if there even is one)? We sold a bunch of cards and want to try and grab one but I’m dubious at the odds of getting one, especially not knowing what the process for it is.

rad

Lord of Guk
Anyone have experience snagging a mythic edition last set off the Hasbro eBay shop? Is there a waiting page for the item that just gets a buy button when 3 o’clock hits or do you have to go search through the store? Do you get to select how many you want before or after you know if you’ve successfully gotten through the “line” (if there even is one)? We sold a bunch of cards and want to try and grab one but I’m dubious at the odds of getting one, especially not knowing what the process for it is.

If you use the Ebay app, you should be able to find via: 'seller:hasbro-toy-shop mythic'

Assuming mythic is in the listing discrip, as it should be.