eld-226-lucky-clover.jpg

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 223442

Is Food really not supposed to be construed playable as a mechanic? Generating Food tokens on turns 1 and 2 and then playing this on turn 3 sounds nasty...

It is nasty. The only removal that hits it harder than non-tokens would be hit is Teferi/other bounces. I've crushed a lot of decks with T1 elf, turn 2 fatty over the years. T1 Goose, T2 token Giant is just as powerful most of the time. I'm not sure food will end up being powerful but they are pushing it fairly well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The problem with the teferi adventure stuff is that the primary candidates for the deck are BUW and UGW, both of which will have mediocre to bad mana after rotation.

It's probably super fun to play in the games where you stick the Clover though, kind of like the Primal Amulet decks the last two years.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i feel like any Adventure control deck probably needs to push green hard for the tap-for-any-color mana dorks (edit -- and i suppose just for the fact that green seems to have a lot of the best Adventure cards). they seem like they're, maybe not this set but at least like they're planning to, make a five-color deck a thing at some point in this Standard cycle, so maybe that would even be the way to go.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Kenriths-Transformation-216x302.jpg

Green is gonna be really strong in general I think, it's getting a lot more reactive cards than usual while maintaining the typical brute power of the color.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Improbable-Alliance-216x302.jpg

Izzet Phoenix or Drakes or similar is getting support too, when it was thought the archetype might die with rotation

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It is nasty. The only removal that hits it harder than non-tokens would be hit is Teferi/other bounces. I've crushed a lot of decks with T1 elf, turn 2 fatty over the years. T1 Goose, T2 token Giant is just as powerful most of the time. I'm not sure food will end up being powerful but they are pushing it fairly well.

How are you making a T2 token giant? Needs two food tokens.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Not sure it's really as good as the checklands but it's certainly a nice boost to evolving wilds/terramorphic expanse which saw at least a small amount of play.

no but I think we are ratcheting down on power a LOT in this set so this will still keep 3 color in line.

Sterling

El Presidente
no but I think we are ratcheting down on power a LOT in this set so this will still keep 3 color in line.
Yeah manabases do that, usually peak during a gold block then start to get worse for a bit then the cycle continues. That land is certainly playable, but you may not see quite as greedy of color requirements from future decks. Narset and Bell Haunt in the same deck is pretty wild for example.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Finally they revealed the answer to white's problems in EDH: Play 5 color so white's problems don't matter!

Thanks, Happily Ever After :D

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, I don’t see any fixes for red/white/boros card draw problems so far. Unless I’m just supposed to pack the deck full of mediocre adventure cards and call it “fixt”.